Chapter 11 - New Beginnings

6 MONTHS LATER

"Morning baby" Ashley groaned peacefully as he woke up holding me in his arms. Since the court case had been closed, ne and Ashley had never been happier. We'd spent everyday and almost every hour together. Some people may call it an obsesssion, we call it love. Things had progressed alot more since we got back together; we had an apartment in LA, we got a dog (we called her Rubley...half Ruby half Ashley), and things were just about to get even better.

"Hmmm....morning" I smiled, half asleep. I turned over to face him and kiss him. We lay in bed until we heard a barking. Not from the dog...but from CC.

"C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C!!!!!!" I jumped out of the bed and slipped on one of Ashley's t-shirts from the pile scattered across the floor. CC burst in with a pair of drumsticks in his hands when I jumped into Ashley's arms. "Sup! Oh...I see...I was...interrupting summin. Hubba bubba!!!! Teehee!!!" CC made a girly little squeal and went into the living room and played a one-on-one pool tournament with...himself. CC was still as crazy as ever, we forced him to cut down on the Relentless...it doesn't seem to make any difference though. Everyone was pretty much the same as ever...except for Andy. Me and him were so close now, we were best friends. We'd forgotten completely the night we kissed, and agreed on just being friends, which is turning out great. He's like my older brother. I've never had that sort of comfort before and it was really warming coming from him.

I went to the living room and joined CC as he won to himself on the pool table. "YES!!! Three in one!!! Beat that Coma!!!" He switched to the other side of the table, going into a deeper, moe dramatic voice "I'll defeat you!" Switched back "Never!" He picked up one of the balls off the table and batted it with a pool stick towards his invsible opponent, accidentally breaking the vase in that direction. "Umm...sorry." A look of panda-eyed guilt hit his face.

"What the fuck was that?!" Ashley stormed in, realising the broken vase CC held with a few shattered flowers. "CC!!! That's the third vase you've broken this week! Seriously dude, can't you be careful?!" I hadn't seen Ashley like this before...he never got angry at CC...he always laughed at him breaking stuff.

"Sorry. I'll buy you a new one...preferably one that doesn't break as easily..." CC shrugged as Ashley glared at him and stormed out onto the balcony. I decided to give him a little space and much around with CC for a while and make breakfast. CC requested pancakes, so we grabbed everything we needed from the cupboard and started to mix them up. CC grabbed his pan, shook it a little, then tossed the half cooked pancake into the air, trying to do something impressive....it ended up just landing on his head sinking into his backcombed hair. I couldn't help but laugh at Ashley's expression when he walked back in "Awww man CC! How the fuck am I meant to be mad at you when you're looking like that?!" He chuckled...there he was again. He walked over and kissed me, then helped make the pancakes, seeing as he was a much better cook than I was. "Yo CC, you free tonight?" He said over the stove that stood in between us three.

"Yeah sure, why?"

"I was thinkin' we all go out to dinner tonight, me, you Rub's, Andy, Jinxx and Jake. Blue Dragon?"

"Sure man, we haven't been out in fuckin' ages! I'm startin' to feel old cos I haven't been out in so long!"

"Cool. be back here at seven thirty yeah? We'll take my car."

ASHLEY'S POV

After we cleared away all the mess CC had made at breakfast, Ruby decided to jump in the shower, which gae me just enough time to go and call the jeweller's to see if my little 'suprise' was ready for tonight. I hadn't told anyone, but tonight was gonna be extremely special. I was going to ask Ruby to marry me. I'd been thinking about this for a month or so, and finally came to find the courage to do it. Tonight was going to be perfect; none of the guys or Ruby knew a thing, I was confident and I was sure i was gonna get a yes!

I got the phone from the cradle and dialled in the number of the jeweller's. "Hellp Opal Jewellery here, Amber speaking how may I help you?" The woman spoke in a monotone down the phone.

"Hey I ordered a ring that was meant to be ready today...is it okay for me to come and pick it up?"

"Name?"

"Ashley Purdy."

"Yeah it's ready. You can come pick it up at...twelve?"

"Okay thank you." I put the phone down and grabbed my car keys from the hook by the door. I scribbled a note to Ruby on a piece of paper saying I was out in case she freaked when she realised I wasn't at home.

As I was driving back from picking up the ring, Andy called on the carphone. I touched the answer button "Sup dude."

"Hey man. What's goin' on tonight? What's the occasion?"

"Oh. It's nothin' really. We just haven't been out together in a while so I thought we should all do something." I lied...no-one knew the truth about tonight.

"C'mon there's gotta be something goin' on! Now TELL!!!! You never invite us all out unless there's something going on!"

"Seriously there's nothing!"

"Oh come on!!! I know you and I can tell it's something...now what is it?"

I sighed "You promise not to tell? Pinky swear?"

"Yes of course I pinky swear!!! TELL!!!"

"I'm asking Ruby to marry me. There ya go. That's the occasion."

"HOLY SHIT! Seriously?! Awesome! Well good luck, I wish you all the best!!!!" Andy gave me the reaction I was expecting and put the phone down. I wis I didn't tell him, but he wouldn't give up asking if I didn't. At least I know I'm not crazy. I was gonna do this.

ANDY'S POV

I clenched the phone in my fist and dropped it to the ground in unison with a few angry tears. Ashley?! Marrying Ruby?! There was no way I would let this happen. I'd been in love with Ruby ever since I met her pretty much! I wanted her more than anything! The issue was, I had no way to stop her. If it made her happy, then so be it. I can forget her....can't I?

RUBY'S POV

It was around 6:30 when i started getting ready. I decided to wear a biege floaty dress Ashley had bought me for my birthday along with my black court shoes and leather bomber jacket. Ashley called me from the hall when the guys arrived. Rubley barked as Andy stepped in; for some strange reason she adored Andy. I walked into the hall and greeted them all with a hug. They all stared as I walked in.

"Hey...what?" I beamed, confused.

Ashley approached me and kissed me gently, trying not to wipe off my make-up. "You look nice." He smirked and led everyone out the door to the car.

The restaraunt wasn't too packed. It was pretty peaceful actually. We were led to out seven-seated table and ordered our food. The whole night we spent laughing at CC's 'mutant waurus impression with his forks, Jake getting tipsy from the whisky, and then something I wasn't expecting happened.

Ashley tapped his glass with his knife to get everyone's attention and got up from his seat. "Guys, I have something I wanna say." I looked up at him as he spoke. He kneeled down in front of me. No. Not this. I didn't expect the purpose of tonight was this! "Ruby, I've been in love with you since a week after I met you and, I've gotten to a point now where I don't ever want to let you go. I want you forever. So I wanna ask you...Ruby...will you marry me?" I began to cry as my heart pounded as hard as CC's drumkit.

I nodded my head and answered with tears in my eyes "Yes." The guys smiled as Ashley leaned on my thighs and kissed me, then slipped the ruby red ring onto my finger. The whole restaraunt was watching and clapping along with the guys. Jake was clapping like the rest of the people in the room, Jinxx was smiling, CC was holding his glass up in the air like a goblet...then dropping it on the floor and breaking it, and Andy was so happy for us he was...crying...?