Chapter 12 - Wedding Plans

A few days after me and Ashley got engaged, I’d began to think about plans for the wedding. I would’ve thought about it instantly but I needed time for it all to sink in. I never thought once in my life I would marry a member of Black Veil Brides…let alone meeting them! Stuff like that just doesn’t happen to people like me.

I collected a few ideas in my head, scanned and cancelled them out, then finally came to a conclusion…rock wedding!!! The whole idea was planned out in my head, I got it when I was at their concert the other night. Black veil, short dress, rock band playing down the aisle, limousines…it was all planned out in my head and it was exactly what I wanted.

“NO. I wanna do something traditional it won’t work it’s gonna look tacky! Do you have any idea what my parents will say when they hear of that idea?”

“Personally I like the idea…I think we could make it work.” Jake said, butting into the argument.

“Yeah man how can you be in a rock band and not have a rock wedding?” Jinxx said, holding his hand up in a rock pose.

“It’s tacky, I don’t like it.”

“C’mon it could work. How about we have a bit of both? Like…classy venue but a black veil. That could be done.”

“Actually…that might just work…okay! Let’s get started then!” Ashley kissed my head then ran into the other room to get the laptop to search up some venues.

CC was looking agitated, so I went over to see what was up. “Hey drummer dude, wassup?”

“Yeah…I was gonna ask you…remember that cake I made you for your birthday?”

“How could I forget it. It was soooo good!!!”

“Yeah well…you think you might wanna save a bit of money and let me make your wedding cake? I made my sister’s…that went so well…apart from the um…slight damage done to her oven. But I won’t do that with your oven don’t worry!”

“Sure why not? Just as long as I get to lick the spoon afterwards” I giggled and stroked his cheek and gave it a light pinch.

“Sure. Oh by the way what flavour do you want? I can’t make a fruit cake cos I’m allergic to raisins but I could do chocolate…or how about a jam one. Oh I know!!! Marble!!!”

“Okay okay dude. Don’t get carried away, we’ll talk about it later.” He gave me a nod and a smile and we went to sit by Ashley to look at wedding venues.

“Welcome.” A woman wearing a business suit with sleek blonde hair greeted me and Ashley as we walked into the wedding venue, hands clutched together. “Right this way, I’ll show you our chapel first where most of out ceremonies take place.” She led us into a small chapel that looked about 100 years old. It was dark, dingy, and the stain glass windows were covered in dust. Ashley didn’t look happy with it ether. “What do you think?”

“Well, it’s nice…but it’s not very romantic. It’s really dark.” Ashley repeated my thoughts, with a little lie in between. It wasn’t nice at all.