Chapter 4 - It's On

ASHLEY'S POV

"So...what's the deal with you and Ruby Rebel then?" Jake asked as he was brushing his teeth.

"Aah I dunno, man. She's cute but i don't think it'll last."

"Nothin' with you lasts! I bet you can't keep hold of her for more than a week!" CC came out in his ripped jeans...no...those were my jeans. That dude seriously needs to quit borrowing my stuff...he crossed the line when he wore my boxers the other day...

"Bet I can!"

"Haha...looks like we got ourselves a bet CC!!!" Jake slapped CC's hand and chuckled

"Ok then...what do I get if I win?" This bet seemed fun...it better have a good result.

Jake thought for a second "A brand new bass." A smile lit up my face as I shook Jake and CC's hands. The bet was on...

This was a horrible thing to do to Ruby...but if she never found out...it'd all be fine. I've only gotta keep hold of her for a week, what could possibly go wrong?

*************************************************************************************************************

RUBY'S POV

I came back in after having a laugh with Andy about the time he broke his ribs. He seemed kinda sweet now...but I had Ashley. I liked him, but I knew it was nothing serious. I wasn't looking for anything serious anyway, I've got my own life to live lt alone have someone come in and...bombard it!

I decided to take a shower, so I tip-toed up the steps of the tour bus to find Ashley sitting with Jake and CC, giggling about something or other. They all looked up when I came in...sort of...suspiciously.

"What's goin' on?" I gave them all a sarcastic glare.

"Nothin' baby." Ashley got up and kissed me. Then, looked at me in a way that no-one else had before. There was a twinkle in his eye - more like a sparkle.

"Okay then...I'm gonna go take a shower." I grabbed a towel from the cabinet and locked the bathroom door behind me.

ASHLEY'S POV

What the fuck was that?! I swear I'd never had that feeling before. It's either an illness or I was...I was in love. I was lovesick...that was it! NO!!!! I don't fall in love! I have one night stands and a girlfriend that lasts no more than a week!!! I do not love Ruby!!!

"What's with the look, Ash? Got a bit of the lovebug have we?" Andy clenched my shoulder, pressurising me into answering

"Haha! No. C'mon man you know that's not my style!" I puffed, feeling the weight of their suspicions on my chest.

"Well this makes that bet a little more easy to win now, doesn't it?" Jake said slyly

"What bet?" Andy looked at the rest of us, eyebrows crossed.

"Oh right! See, me and CC made a bet with Ashley that he wouldn't be able to keep holda Ruby for more than a week. If he wins, he gets a new bass" Jake blurted out.

"I got nothin' to do with it. But that isn't really fair guys. What if she found out? How do you think she's gonna feel? She'd hate you forever!"

"Yeah that's a horrible thing to do! Ruby's gone through enough in her life without someone betting on her! I want you to stop this stupid bet right now, Ashley can buy his own bass." Andy walked outside to have yet another cigarette. He seemed pretty pissed...

The bet was still on. Jake and CC laughed wrestled about Andy's slight outburst "Dude c'mon! The bet's still on right?" Jake giggled while punching CC in the stomach.

"Yeah. It's still on."