Chapter Six

Five days.

It's been five days since he had left his black and white schedule.

Five days since he stormed out his mansion.

Since he made up his mind.

He went through these changes as if he were comfortable with them, yet he wasn't anything close to satisfied. Spending nights in a carriage wasn't his forte, nor was having to eat bland, dry foods for meals. Everything had slowly turned into hell in a handbag for him.

Ciel examined the roof of the carriage. The velvet that looked over him was a welcoming shade of burgundy, accompanied by the black trim along the sides. His eyes drowned in the rich colours, taking his mind away to another place, once again.

The look of the velvet reminded him of when he was younger. Curtains made of the luxurious fabric hung from both sides of his father's office. As a child, Ciel would admire them; their texture, look, and colour. He admired them alike how he was now.

The dark blue accents along the sides reminded him of when he was given the title of "Earl Ciel Phantomhive." His outfit covered a navy blue as he approached Queen Victoria in the crowded room.

Aware of his thoughts, the earl shook them off. Everything had become too much of a pain, even admiring an outdated carriage.

Ciel sat up and adjusted his outfit that had shifted upwards in his sleep. Across from him sat a view he hadn't expected to see; it was his butler, who was sleeping. His chest rising and falling as his comatose body took in deep breaths, his facial features made the butler seem carefree, and his eyelids looked as if they became yet more mellow by the minute. But, Sebastian's sleeping body held onto something the earl hadn't expected to see in quite a while.

---

A cool breeze was sent through the window, blowing the dark curtains that draped along the sides. Finny slowly walked towards the young master's desk, watching the leafs rattle in the wind. He didn't know where to go after the fight that broke loose between the Phantomhive servants, he had just let his legs carry him here. This was the place in which he felt the safest in, although the gardener had set foot in the room only a couple times. He couldn't exactly place his finger on why his master's office provided him comfort. It could have been the warm feel of the furniture along with the welcoming smell, or the bright sunlight peering past the curtains; but, the boy mostly felt it was because their young master. Ciel had given the test subject a place where he could be free to spread his wings and release the full potential he could bring forth.

But, with the earl's presence now missing from the mansion, he felt as if his wings were slowly disintegrating. Like he had to work to keep them active; to keep him free.

A larger gust of wind came in and lifted some of the papers that laid on the abandoned desk, causing the gardener to run over and secure them before they darted across the room. The papers that he had held were the wedding plans for Lady Elizabeth and the Earl Phantomhive. Foods, events, outfits. Everything ever discussed laid on this lone desk. Finnian picked up the sheets and started to skim through them, but something that was heavily valued by the earl snatched his eyesight.

---

His fingers attempted to take the paper from his butler's hands stealthily, but they failed to do so. The charcoal haired man stirred, then slowly started to wake as Ciel gave up, then quickly snatched it from his grip; making it seem as if he didn't care for the sleep of his butler. Sebastian was greeted with the sun in his eyes and the refreshing feeling of sleeping for the first time in thousands of years. His master sneered at him, while examining what was once in his butler's hands.

The smile the Sebastian had given the boy sent a shiver down the earl's back. When the butler smiled, it quite often signified that something devious was going to occur; he sure as hell was expecting it to do with the letter he held.

"What?" Ciel snapped then proceeded to rip open the envelope with carelessness as his butler stared at the boy's sea blue eyes, trying to get his attention. The earl took a moment to read the letter signed by the one and only, Queen Victoria. He put the letter and destroyed envelope by his side, then looked Sebastian in the eye, giving him the attention he was nagging for.

Ciel raised an eyebrow at the man, who kept silent, but looked as if he was going to speak a novel.

"I would prefer if you took your eyes off me, Sebastian." With that statement, only a larger smile crept onto the butler's face. Instead of a smug smirk painted on the butler, it was now a thoughtful grin.

He chuckled, "Apologies, young master." His gloved hand ran through his hair, untangling it from the mess it had become whilst asleep. "Why did the queen need to reach out to you during this time?"

The 'guard dog' crossed his arms and leaned backwards, holding a mischevious smirk. "We're going to Paris."

---

His hands picked up the small, yet precious item. Finnian's eyes examined every curve, edge, pattern; and admired it as a whole, knowing that his eyes may never lay on the object again.

Minuites were spent until the mere servant placed everything back as it was found, while starting to regret his nosey actions. He closed the window, then the door. But, as he left, the thought of the stunning object was kept locked in his mind

--------

*Smiles... a lot*

Runaway is close to reaching 900 views and 100 votes! Thank you, seriously. It may not be a big deal to some of you reading this, but it means a lot to me, haha.