Chapter Four

Feel free to point out any errors!

--------

"Even your cheapest room?" Ciel snapped at the intimidating gentleman

"Youn-"

"We ain't got nothin'!" The significantly taller male stood above the boy.

"Young mas-"

"Nothing at all? I am the Earl Phantomhive!"

"Young master."

The earl huffed and swiftly turned away. "Let's go, Sebastian."

The butler bowed and followed the young boy out the door and down the crowded street. When they reached Canterbury, they had realized several events were taking place in the city, causing inns to become fully occupied.

"Where's the next place?" Ciel groaned out of frustration.

"Just a couple blocks away, my lord." Sebastian sighed then led them down several other crowded streets, shoving past the beaming citizens and visitors.

It had always annoyed him how others seemed so joyful and optimistic; it was disgusting. Every emotion that was linked to happiness angered him; excitement, appreciation, and gratefulness. But there was one in particular that puzzled him. Love.

How humans would interlock hands, or how their lips would touch. The simple actions could be exchanged between any two people, but it never seemed to mean anything.
It made absolutely no sense to the boy. Why do those things bring people happiness?

---

The top drawer was empty, same with the bottom one, along with all the others. Tears streamed down her face as she double checked the empty dresser, yet again. "Young master?" Finnian ran into the room, thinking Ciel had returned. "Lady Elizabeth?!" The short blonde boy ran to the fragile lady as she sobbed hysterically in her bare hands.

"Wher- re's C-Ciel?" She spat out as her eyes cried out a river.

Finny opened his arms and leaned towards the girl to give her a hug, until she slapped his hands away. "Y-You didn- n't answer m- my question." she snapped in the clearest voice she had to offer.

The blonde boy froze, not knowing what to say to the broken girl. He couldn't just tell her, that would be disobeying Sebastian's orders. Yet again, not telling her would also disobey his orders. He had to make Elizabeth happy, that was the servant's main goal. He didn't want to let the other two down, or Sebastian and the young master. But he didn't know how to achieve that goal, it was impossible.

--

"I was unable to find somewhere to stay. I am terribly sorry, my lord."

Ciel huffed "I don't care, as long as we're out of this dump tomorrow." He said, referring to the litter-filled streets occupied with intolerable humans everywhere his eyes would lay.

The butler's strong, warm hand met Ciel's fragile, cold one, as he helped the earl into the carriage. "Young master, you should put on your overcoat; it seems you have caught a chill."

"I'm fine, Sebastian." He waved the subject off. "What's the time." Ciel asked after his butler also got into the carriage.

"Half past nine." He put the silver pocket watch he had gotten from his master back into his tailcoat pocket.

Ciel yawned and let his body relax against the somewhat comfortable seats. "Where are we going tomorrow?" He mumbled, not having enough energy to form proper words.

"We shall go to Dover, then proceed to take a boat across t-" his sentence was cut of at the realization that his master had slowly drifted into sleep

How humans naturally fell into unconsiousness had always facinated him. His master's breathing pattern changed, his body became limp, and his face relaxed completely, making the boy look significantly more innocent than his actions. He looked as if he let loose a smile everyday, but one hardly ever grazed his lips. The dim moon shone on his soft skin. It felt like minutes, but hours had passed as Sebastian's thoughts freely ran away about his master.

---

"What did ya say to 'er?!" Bardroy slammed his fist on the kitchen counter.

"I-I didn't say anything!" Finny stuttered.

"Well ya obviously said somethin'!" Bard pointed in the direction that they had witnessed Elizabeth storm to.

"Bardroy, you need to calm down, yes you do." Mey-Rin nervously stated.

The 'chef' ignored the young maid. "I don't want mister Sebastian comin' back to this!" His voice echoed through the kitchen.

"Bard!" Mey-Rin matched Bardroy's overwhelmingly loud volume.

"S-Stop fighting!" Finny's fear filled eyes met the other's

"Well yer the one that caused all this!"

The maid snatched her glasses off. "Bardroy! Shut your bloody mouth!"

Uncomfortable silence filled the room as the pissed off chef and fed up maid heavily glared at one another as the scared gardener watched in fear.

"I'll go check on Lady Elizabeth." Mey-Rin huffed, placed her glasses back on, then stormed out the room.

Bard snatched his knife off the counter. "I'm makin' the bloody dinner." He turned and left the broken gardener alone.

Mey-Rin walked outside, observing the dark clouds that painted the sky with gloom. She noticed Lady Elizabeth sitting in the garden next to the young master's favourite flowers, the pearl white roses.

Wind blew through the trees as Mey-Rin walked up to the blonde haired girl who cried a river. Her golden hair and snow white dress blew in the wind, as well as the maid's worn down outfit and red hair.

She sat next to the broken girl, not saying a word.

It had been a couple minutes until Elizabeth spoke. "Where's C-Ciel?" Tears rolled down her porcelain cheeks as she turned to the maid, seeking an answer to her burning question.

"He's... Gone."

---

His supernatural legs sprinted as fast as they could possibly carried him towards the blinding morning sun. The sound of his own heavy breaths and the cold wind grazing past him filled his ears.

The carriage slowly but surely came into view.

The out of breath butler snapped open the door, hoping to see the earl sleeping. But instead, he was greeted with a slap to the face by the young, aggravated boy.

Ciel shot him a glare that could kill and shouted in anger. "Where the blo-"

"Young master, we have a problem."