Chapter One

"Sebastian, I don't want to do this." Ciel looked up from his desk with panic and worry written all over his face.

"My lord?" The butler raised an eyebrow at his master, who then stood from his seat.

The eye-patched boy tossed a colour palette on the desk. "I don't want to get married to Elizabeth." He put his hands over his face in stress.

Sebastian sighed and walked over to him. "You have been engaged for some time, My lord. Nothing has changed." He looked down at Ciel who has now buried his face with the wedding plans that laid in front of him.

There was no response from the boy. "I'll go fetch you some tea to make you feel better." The butler stated and left Ciel alone with wedding plans, thoughts, and regret.

His memory of that day was faint, but he still knew the exact words he spoke. If only that day he had said no. If only he were old enough, wise enough, strong enough, to say no. But he didn't. He told his parents that he would be happy to marry Liz. That he would carry on the Phantomhive name with her. That he would love her forever. But at that age he didn't know what love was. He didn't know what it meant to put your life before someone else's. He didn't know what it meant to devote your life to someone. He didn't know what it meant to feel something that strong for someone. And yet, seven years later he still doesn't know. He just knew that love was something out of his reach. He knew it was something that he would never encounter. He knew that it was impossible for him to love because all of the hate that he carried. And most importantly, he knew that he didn't love Elizabeth.

The clink of the tea cup hitting the paper-filled desk stole him of his thoughts. He lifted his head from the (now crumpled) wedding plans, picked up the cup and put it to his mouth.

Ciel's eyes gazed up at the small silver clock on his desk that he got as a gift from Madam Red. It was 6:28 and Sebastian has yet to serve dinner. Ciel coughed and glared at his butler. "Are you aware of the time? You can't just let me starve." He said in his usual edgy tone.

"My lord, you may have forgotten that Lady Elizabeth is on her way here and I assume she would like to eat with the young master."

The navy haired boy almost choked on his tea. "Wait, she's coming over?"

The raven haired butler chuckled to himself. "Yes, to go over the wedding plans." Ciel let out a deep sigh.

Everything about this is so stressful. At times like this he wondered if it was acceptable for him to just disappear and live the life that he wanted. Ever since his parents died that's what he wanted to do, and that's what he planned to do someday. But maybe today was too soon.

"Alright then. Can you get her room ready?"

The butler bowed and started to make his way out of the room, but his master's voice stopped him. "Also, bring me some cake."

He chortled at his childish order. "Yes, my lord."

•••

"Awww!! Ciel!! Even the way you eat is cute!"

Ciel has been trying to block out her voice ever since her arrival. He hated being called 'cute,' it made him cringe thinking about being identified with the word.

"Sebastian, I'm done. Take my plate." He said with his mouth full.

Sebastian walked over, grabbed his and Elizabeth's empty dishes and took them away.

"I'm going to my office, join me if you would like." He stood up and walked out the room as his fiancee happily skipped behind him.

"Oo Ciel!! I was thinking that we could change the colour scheme t-"

"No Elizabeth, the wedding is in a week and Sebastian has already ordered everything."

"But Cielll." She frowned and Ciel opened the door to the office.

"Everything will remain as planned, you're just going to live with it." He snapped back at the fragile lady.

She looked at him with 'puppy dog' eyes, which he ignored. "Elizabeth, you can't just change something that big a week away from the wedding."

"Fine, be that way." She crossed her arms and stomped out of the room.

He sat down and sunk into his seat. It was 8:45 and he was already exhausted, it was probably from avoiding the topic of the wedding with Elizabeth.

If he were to be completely honest, he doesn't want to do the large traditional wedding. If he were to get married, he would want it to be something small and private, not a ginormous family gathering. Plus, he would want to get married to someone who he actually cares for. But, he knows that his parents would want him to have a traditional wedding with Liz. He had never put much thought in it, but does he really have to follow with what his parents wanted? They're long gone. Does he have to do everything the way his family planned? Although he loves his parents and wants them to be proud of him, could he take his life in his own hands? If he just left, how would the little remaining of his family take it? It's been something that he has always thought of, running away. Could he just drop everything, or was that too extreme? If he left the only people who would care was Elizabeth and men doing business with the Funtom company, that's not a lot of people. He's always felt as if no would really care.

"My lord, it is time for you to retire for the day." Sebastian stepped inside the room.

"Sebastian, we're leaving now." Ciel stood from his desk and quickly walked past him.

"U-um, what exactly do you mean by that, young master?" Sebastian walked at a fast pace, trying to keep up with Ciel.

"We're leaving this house, Lizzie, the wedding." He swiftly opened the door to his room and grabbed the gun underneath his pillow.

"You should really be getting to sleep, young master. You're just stress-"

"No Sebastian, I'm not 'just stressed' and don't tell me it's just a phase. I want to run away to a place where the walls aren't covered with horrid memories, where I can forget about the past that haunts me and re-write the future of the Phantomhive name.
Sebastian, we're leaving right now. Thats an order."