Chapter 22

Comment

Vote

Fan

Enjoy!

Maya's POV
Mike was sitting in one of our beach chairs sipping a bottle of beer. He had dark circles under his eyes and his hair was messy and greasy. Lucien's arm immediately went around me as he hugged me to his chest.

"Why the hell are you here" Annabelle hissed

Mike smiled at Annabelle before looking her up and down. Cameron quickly grabbed her and made her stand behind him.

"How's vampire life treating you my little pet?" Mike asked

"Fantastic" she hissed at him

"Now answer my question. Why are you here?" Annabelle asked again

"I don't get a hello or how are you doing?" Mike asked

Nobody answered him. Everyone stared at him with anger. I think Cameron caught on to we don't like him and do did Logan because they were giving him the look if death. Mike raised his hands as if surrendering and stood up.

"I came for Maya'' he said

"Well then you're going home empty handed!" Lucien yelled

By now we were getting a few looks from bystanders and people started to watch so I quickly tugged on Lucien's arm to get his attention.

"What?" He asked

"Lucien we need to get out of here" I said

"She's right we're making a scene" Logan said

"Why is that such a problem?" Ruby asked

"Vampires can catch on to relationship behavior fast Ruby. We're all technically in illegal relationships so causing a scene is a no no'' Lucien said

Lucien and Logan looked at each other and smiled. They had something in mind. They walked over to mike and stood on either side of him. Mike looked up and them with curious eyes before they gripped his arms and lifted him into the air.

"What the hell! Put me the fuck down!" Mike yelled

They carried him down to the water easily and when they got there they threw up so he landed belly first in the water. They quickly ran back up to us and grabbed the chairs.

"We gotta go!" Logan yelled

We all grabbed something quickly before running towards the board walk and off the sand. We continued running until we reached the car. We shoved everything into the truck then hopped into the car.

Lucien quickly sped out of the parking lot and down the street towards the carnival.

''Where are we going?" I asked

"You didn't think we were going to miss out on the carnival just because shit head showed up did you?" Lucien asked

I shrugged my shoulders before leaning my head on his shoulder and closing my eyes. After ten minutes of driving I felt the car stop and car doors open.

"Maya were here" Lucien said

I opened my eyes to see the carnival coming alive as the sun began to set. The lights suddenly came on and the carnival was shinning like the Fourth of July.

We walked to the front entrance and Lucien quickly pulled out his wallet.

"What do you think you're doing?" Cameron asked

"Paying" Lucien said

"You aren't paying, ill do it" Cameron said

"Actually ill be paying" Logan said

"Look just let me pay'' Lucien said

The boys stood in a circle arguing about paying while us girls stood there baffled. I really can't believe they're arguing over this. Men are so stupid.

I quickly grabbed my wallet from my purse and pulled out the money for the six tickets to get in.

"Thank you" the guy said in relief

The boys stopped fighting and looked over at me to see me hold the six tickets.

"Next time stop fighting and you all won't have to look like buffoons" I said giving everyone their tickets.

"That wasn't nice" Lucien said crossing his arms and pouting like a baby

I pecked his cheek quickly before we all walked inside. We headed out tickets to the workers at the front entrance.

"Let's have some fun!'' Ruby yelled

We all ran to the corkscrew and got in the short line as quick as possible.

****

We had gone on about every ride except for the tunnel of love. We were all standing in front of the ride looking at it, debating on if we should go in or not.

"I think we should do it" I said

The boys gave me a look that basically said are you crazy?

"What?" I asked

"That's a girly ride" Logan said

"Well guys it is a romantic ride'' Annabelle said

"And on this ride we can make out" Ruby said as she ran her hands all over Logan.

The boys looked at each other before quickly grabbing our arms and dragging us into the line.

"I think they're excited!" I laughed

We hopped into line and waited for a swan boat to come back around. Lucien and I got weird looks as we boarded the boat. We took our seats and the vampire running the ride raised his eyebrows but started the ride.

I waved to Annabelle as Cameron and her boarded their boat. Our boat approached a red wall with a punk heart on it and when we got closer it opened up and let us inside.

The room was lit up with lighter hearts and shinning Cupids. There was a soft melody playing in the background that made this ride even more romantic.

Lucien grabbed my waist and lifted me up on to his lap so I was now straddling him. He kissed up my neck until he was at my jaw. I tangled my finger in his hair before bringing his lips to mine.

"We're such rebels" I said

He chucked at me before cuddling me to his chest.

"I love you" he said

xoxo