Chapter 2

Comment

Vote

Fan

Enjoy!

Maya's POV

He pulled me out of his room and down the stairs. I yanked my hand out if his grip. I felt like I was on a leash. He drowned at my behavior but shrugged it off and walked down the fairs towards the kitchen.

"You can have anything you want in the kitchen you don't have to ask, okay?" He asked

I nodded my head and followed him into the kitchen. There we saw a few people cooking up some breakfast and brewing up coffee. I hadn't tasted coffee in so long. They barley for us clean water to drink let alone coffee. He walked to the table an patted the seat next to him. I took my seat and noticed that everyone was staring at me. I shifted in my seat uncomfortably until Lucien cleared his throat and everyone scattered to their working areas again.

Suddenly two plates were set in front of us and my mouth instantly watered and my tummy grumbled with joy. I picked up my fork an was about to dig in when I noticed everyone's eyes were on me. I suddenly realized I was hunched over as if I was about to leap into my plate and devour it. I straightened myself up and stuck my fork in my eggs. Lucien noticed my changed in behavior and leaned in so his ear was almost pressed against my ear.

"You don't need to impress anyone. If you're hungry eat." He whispered

I nodded and dug into my food, stuffing giant amounts of food into my mouth at a time. Lucien smiled at me an continued eating his breakfast. The slaves continued to stare at me with questioning eyes. Was I doing so ethic wrong?

When I finished my plate someone was right there to pick it up for me. The girl brought it to the sink where a girl washed it up and placed it ok the drying rack. She then stood there and waited for Lucien to be finished.

"Girls please, you don't need to stand around why don't you go do something I can take care if my own plate" he said as he finished up.

The girls shook their heads and repeated the same process with Lucien's plate as they did with mine. He sighed but stood up and walked out of the room. I don't know what to do so I stood up and went I follow him when someone stopped me.

"Hi I'm Annabella" she said

I faced a girl with blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes. She had a sweet innocent smile on her face and it made me curious why she could be happy in a place like this.

"Hi I'm Maya" I said

"It's a pleasure to meet you" she said while sticking her had out for a handshake.

I smiled and shook her hand. I liked this girl already.

"And I'm Penny" a blonde girl said

"Are we forgetting about me?' The red head said

"That's Ruby" Penny said

"Hi it's nice to meet you all" I said

"So what's up with you and Prince Lucien?" Penny asked

''Yeah he acts different around you" Ruby said

"Why do you mean?" I asked

"He usually just mopes around all day acting all depressed, but then you show up and he's all happy with joy." Annabella said

"Nothing is going on between us. He just bought me today and I'm his slave." I said

"Okay well anyways welcome aboard the crew" Ruby said