At the end of the show all of the models that showcased about a hundred or so of my outfits all came out to sign autographs for the fans and me as well. 'Yay... a piece of paper with a bunch of strangers' names of someone I will never meet again...' I didn't think much of it obviously. So, I got bored rather quickly. I was in my own little world, my sketch book on my lap as I drew a wedding gown off the top of head.

                "Do you do that often?" A voice asked behind me. I turned around to see the same girl I had met back stage leaning against the concrete pillar, watching me. I smiled as I turned my head back to the drawing at hand.

                "For the most part, yes." I answered short and to the point.

                "Did you even enjoy watching your works of art worn by professionals?" She asked as she moved in front of me now. I looked up at her for a moment as I brushed my bangs out of my eyes. "How can you even come here, wearing a simple button up shirt, simple boots, and short shorts, knowing that your picture was going to be taken with the models that wore your pieces?" She asked in a curious tone. I breathed out an annoyed breath as I closed my book to see her smiling down at me.

                "What are you trying to get at?" I asked as I leaned back in the chair. She shrugged her shoulders at that.

                "You just seem... way too simple to create such.... Eloquent works of art." She said as she smirked at me. I sat there for a moment as I watched her expression.

                "So? What's your point?" I asked with seriousness. "Who cares if how I choose to dress is simple. The point of me dressing the way I do is because it's how I am; simple and comfortable. So, while you hate your job, having to wear expensive clothing designed by Dior or Chanel, I'm sitting here... completely content with how I'm choosing to live my life." I said with a smile. She looked down at me with  venom in her eyes. I wasn't sure if she was going to punch me in the face... or cry. She looked as though she was trying to say something but all she did was avert her eyes from mine.

                "Valerie!" I heard my design teacher scream as she came running over, holding her overly large necklaces. "I see you've met Lyndsey! Are you star struck?" She asked as she patted my shoulders, extending her hand to shake with the model.

                "From?" I asked as I kept my eyes on the much taller girl. She sneered at me as she dropped the hand from Mrs. Dion.

                "Valerie... I'm appalled at you. I'm sorry; I don't know why she's acting like this..." She said as she glared down at me. This girl who was apparently named Lyndsey just smiled simply as she looked up at the teacher now.

                "It's alright, I guess not many people are satisfied when their work is showcased for free by a professional model." She said as she smiled down at me. I felt my eyebrow twitch at that remark. "It was lovely to meet you... Mrs....?" She asked as she looked back up at the woman.

                "Oh! Just call me Nancy." She blushed as she shook hands with the model. I rolled my eyes at this. 'Seriously Mrs. Dion?'

                "Well, it was nice to meet you Nancy." She said as she left. I felt a slight smack on the side of my head.

                "Ow! What the hell?!" I asked as I turned around to look at the older woman.

                "You were very rude." She said as she walked away.

                "That doesn't mean you're allowed to smack me!" I roared back at her. She just laughed at me though. I slumped in my chair as I glared at her.

                "It kind of helps when I'm best friends with your mother." I rolled my eyes as I turned around again. I just wanted to go home already, and sleep off this day.

  The day was coming to a close, thankfully. I had to get back and feed my pet ferret. I watched my designs being packed into the under carriage of the school bus, students were saying their final goodbyes to the 'super models.' I leaned my head against the wall as I rolled my neck over to see the sun kissing the Hollywood sign.

                "Still not going to say thank you?" I heard that familiar feminine voice. I smiled as I looked to my left only to see none other than that girl Lyndsey. She was wearing a pair of jeans and a tank top, which probably cost more than my house.

                "For?" I said sarcastically with a genuine smile. She smiled back as she leaned against the wall next to me."And why the hell did you even comment on what I'm wearing when you look no different?"

                "Because, this is what I wear when I'm not modeling." She answered with a toothy grin. "Besides, I was just messing with you. But, I guess you're ungrateful for what I did for you." She said as she leaned against the pillar, looking at the hillside.

                "I'm not ungrateful. I just see things differently than you I suppose." I said truthfully.

                "And how do you see things differently oh wise one? I mean, you're talking to a super model and you don't seem phased." She said with a bit of curiosity behind her words. I closed my eyes as I let the last rays of sunlight kiss my skin.

                "So what if you're a model? That's just your job. At the end of the day, all you are is a girl who plays dress up." I explained as I opened my eyes to see her staring at me. "Thank you for wearing my clothes and more than likely getting my foot into the door of the fashion world, but I don't want to be surround with people who think they're better than everyone else just because people pay you big money to wear a piece of fabric and some pretty makeup." I said just as Nancy called me back over to the bus. I looked back at Lyndsey to see her looking at me with a confusing glint in her eyes. "It was nice to meet you though, regardless of our...well rather uncomfortable arguments." I laughed as I offered my hand to her. She stared at it for a moment before she smiled and grabbed it with her delicate, yet surprisingly strong hand.

                "Wasn't uncomfortable." She said with a smile in her eyes as well. I smiled back at her as I pulled away, waving.

                "Seeya around sometime I suppose?" I said with sarcasm. She rolled her eyes and nodded.

                "Well, duh, I'll be on the cover of vogue next month, so...." I laughed along with her.

                "Come on, Valerie Marie!" Nancy called out my middle name. I sighed as I lifted up my rather large sketch book. She giggled at the embarrassing belittlement.

                "Bye." I said with a final wave.

                "Ciao." She replied. I rolled my eyes as I walked back to the bus. I couldn't help but smile though, despite the nice/awkward/annoying/ day I had today.

                "What's got you so happy?" My moms bestie asked as I was about to step on the bus. I shook my head with a smile.

                "Nothing really of any importance."