Chapter 4

~~~~Shawn's POV~~~~
As Roxy sets up the fo- I mean three tents Amber works on starting a campfire and I keep an eye out for any strange movements or sounds, just then, a panther jumps out, in front of Roxy ripping the tent to shreds in the process. I realize that the panther is going to rip her to shreds just like the tent. Before I think about what I'm about to do I start sprinting towards then slam my body into the panther's, then everything goes blank for a few seconds.
~~~~Eric's POV~~~~
As I finally figured out how to fully understand and and how to control my Arctic fox side, then our ears start twitching.
'What's going on Grace?! Why are our ears twitching?!' I ask her through our animal telepathic chat, she doesn't respond but just goes running back to the campsite at top speed with me following suit.
'WILL YOU PLEASE GIVE ME AN ANSWER?!' I yell at her, she hesitates to answer but keeps running.
'They're in danger and I'm not letting that happen right after we were all reunited. Not again...' The last part was barely audible but I could realized what she meant, so I keep my mouth shut, I keep following her, once we reach the campsite, we see Shawn ram his body into the side of a huge panther. Roxy is almost in tears while holding onto Amber like she's gonna disappear, then a white smoke surrounds Shawn's body, with a blinding flash, the smoke disappears but in Shawn's place was a tiger standing on all four paws challenging the panther.
"Shawn? SHAWN?!" Roxy started yelling almost like Shawn was eaten by the tiger and the panther, during the blinding light. But yet everyone knows that they're natural enemies, and would never share a fresh kill. (I don't know if they are or not cause I didn't Google it, so in this story they are. Lol) The tiger 'Shawn' shared a quick glance at Roxy knowing that Roxy would remember his lightning blue eyes with their shining gold tint, after that Shawn looked back at the panther, throwing it a killing stare. Roxy calmed down knowing that he was alright and not in one of the giant cat's stomachs. The two giant cats circled around never breaking their stare down, but the panther made the first move... big mistake. Shawn bared his claws, clawing at the panther's neck and stomach, taking some fur along with blood, the panther raged quit and ran off knowing it's not going to get what it wants. We take this as a quick chance to rush over to Amber and Roxy.
"So, you're also a hybrid." Roxy speaks up, walking up to Shawn, he never moved but just his head with his eyes following Roxy as she walked up to him, she stood there for a few seconds then wrapped her arms around his new tiger's neck with his fur tickling her arms.
"I guess so, but how did you turn into a tiger when you unlocked the tiger inside? Eric and I only got our ears and tails, but you turned full tiger!" Grace explained slightly shocked but yet confused all at the same time, Roxy let her grasp on Shawn go and he turned human with his tiger ears also with his tiger tail sticking.
"I don't know, I guess the tiger came out on its own. Plus I didn't what Roxy to get hurt, so the emotions gave the tiger an extra kick to protect her... and Amber too." Shawn explained as Amber looked at Roxy's now shredded tent.
"We still got one problem though," Amber said breaking our conversation causing us to look at her and the few strands of tent in her hand.
"Roxy's tent is shredded and there's only two tents left." She finishes while we all look over to Roxy's once compltete tent, that is now in a million tiny pieces.
"Roxy can have my tent! I can sleep out here with Eric and Grace, since we have our hybrid sides, their-... our fur will help keep us warm." Shawn explains the first part a little too fast, causing Roxy to blush at his reaction.
'I bet you 20 bucks (dollars) that they'll get together when we're all 15.' Grace bets me in our telepathic chat.
'Deal.' I respond as both Grace and I have goofy grines on our faces like we're five year olds finally getting our parents to take us to a candy store.
"Well, since you already know how to control your hybrid side, and how to shift you won't need any training or my help." Grace exclaims. Then after that everyone goes to sleep with Shawn, Grace, and I sleeping on the cold,  hard, ground, I keep tossing and turning... I can't sleep, so I get up and notice a little cliff and not only that, I also see... A shadow of someone's.
"Why? Why us? Why did it have to... Out of all the people in the world it happened to us. I've gone partally insane from lack of company, my parents are probably dead, the highest of all high kingdoms had fallen ever since I left, and... my friends are also hybrids... I thought the Guardians would be looking after us, but I guess they only care about the 'important' people in this cruel, sickening, painful, and un-fair world," I hear Grace's voice say, along with those five words she said with venom, pain, sorrow, and... hatred.
'This is not the Grace I remember... Before this happened.' I think to myself.
"I'm the only one in this fight, I love and care for my friends but they made a huge mistake for leaving their kingdoms to risk their lives for me. I've already caused enough pain in this world, my parents, the civilians, kings and queens, the kingdoms, and... my friends," Her voice cracks.
"That's all I'm good for... causing pain. I might as well leave them behind, drive myself into insanity... to save their lives. Only because they don't know what they're about to go up against. The Shadows are coming to the Land of Elements, to kill us all and take our powers. But I can only defeat them with the other four elements of Ice, Lighting, Earth, and Fire. The only problem is... is that they're no where to be found. I need to find them before its to late." Grace's voice went dark, when she finished she stands up and turning to walk down the hill, I try to move but my legs don't budge. Her eyes widen when she sees the sight of me.
"Ummm... H-h-how much o-of that d-did you h-h-hear?" She asks me stuttering wondering what my answer will be.
"The whole thing, now why would you leave us behind?!" I whisper yell so I don't wake up the others.
"I was going to do it for you and the other's protection. You four don't know what you all just walked into from coming to find me. You all put your kingdoms in danger, now they'll all end up like my kingdom... In ruins. That's why, I was going to leave, so all of you could keep your kingdoms safe-" She gets cut off by sirens going off.
"What's that?!" I question her.
"It's your kingdoms guards looking for all of you! We need to wake up the others and get out of here!" She yells shifting wolf form as I do the same with my Arctic fox form, rushing down the hill to see Roxy, Amber, and Shawn all awake with scared and confused looks mixed on their faces.
"What's going on?!" Amber yells questioning us as I shift human.
"It's our kingdom's guards looking for us, Amber get on Grace's back and Roxy on Shawn's. We need to get out of here!" I order as the do as told and we rush out of there leaving to trace of our past presents.

~~~~Roxy's POV~~~~
As Shawn carries me on his back with me holding on for dear life, I look to my left and see Grace carrying Amber on her back with Eric running along beside her. Then we run into Ash Vally, comeing to a complete stop since Shawn, Grace, and Eric have been running for at least 2-4 hours since it's at least 6:25ish in the morning.
"We won't be able to go very far in there, since our paws will burn off, and it doesn't help that our paws are already burning." Eric states whiling shifting human.
"You try having to carry someone on your back Eric, then your paws will really be burning." Grace says shifting human with her palms red with one or two cuts on her fingers and palms. I pull out my first ad kit and wrap up her hands after I pour (I don't what it's called but it gets rid of all the germs and makes sure it doesn't get infected and when it comes out of the cut its a white and foamy) _______ one the cuts. Then I do the same with Shawn's hands, Eric only had one cut on each hand so I did the same too.
"Well I guess we'll have to suck it up." Shawn says following Amber's lead with me, Grace, and Eric following close behind. We walk up I steep hill, Amber holds onto the map but doesn't notice the up coming cliff, I try to warn her but she just waves me off, now everyone knows what I'm talking about and start yelling at Amber... She keeps walking but at last second we start running after her... but she's already out of reach.