Chpt. 9 Wheeljack?

Start from the beginning

"So there are other bots out there?" Jack asks.

"The masses scattered to the galaxies when Cybertron finally went dark, but cons have been known to bait traps with false beacons." Arcee answers him. Optimus decides to comm the ship.

"Unknown vessel, this is Autobot Outpost Omega One. Identify Yourself." I am curious as to whom this new Autobot may be.

"I've had warmer welcomes from decepticon combat brigades." The strange bot replies.

"Wheeljack? You old con crusher! what are you doing all the way out here?" Bulkhead asks apparently he knows this new Autobot. He walks closer to the screen as he talks.

"Bulkhead? That you? What's with all the security?" The new bot now identified as Wheeljack asks in return.

"The rock we're on is crawling with cons. How soon can you get here and even the odds?" Bulkhead asks. He sounds super excited. Him and this Wheeljack must be close.

"Sometime tomorrow if I put metal to the pedal." Wheeljack answers. Miko says something to Bulkhead but it is too quiet for me to hear from the other side of the room.

"Wheeljack --- I know of him by reputation only. Can you verify his voiceprint?" Optimus asks Bulkhead.

"He is 1000% the real deal, Optimus." Bulkhead answers. He was obviously trying to contain his excitement.

"We will send landing coordinates, Wheeljack. Safe Journey." Optimus informed Wheeljack.

"See you soon, buddy. I'll make sure you get a proper welcome." Bulkhead added. It was entertaining to see him excited. He is one of those bots that their excitement kind of rubs off on you. So, since he's excited all of us humans were excited, Miko the most.

They talked more about Wheeljack, but I was feeling tired again so I went and laid down on the couch ignoring the rest of it. I was excited, but I was even more exhausted. I contemplated asking Ratchet to take me to my rock, but he would only yell at me out of annoyance. So I decide to sit on the couch and rest for now. I would fall asleep, but I don't want to be a problem with waking me up to get me home. So I decided to sit here and wait. I can be patient.

A few hours pass, the other kids were taken home by their guardians a few minutes ago. I wanted to go, to what I now call, home so I can sleep, but I didn't want to bother Doc. He would have probably yelled at me out of annoyance again. So I continued to wait till he was free and willing to take me home.

I wait about another hour or so I'm guessing it is about midnight, I do need to go home soon though or I'll fall asleep, but I want to leave Docbot alone. I don't know. So here I am sitting on the couch, trying not to nod of. I even resort to pinching myself so I don't fall asleep. I hear giant footsteps that immediately make me wide awake for about a minute. I look over and see Optimus walking into the main room from hallways that go back toward the, oh what do they call them? Oh yeah the berthrooms. He looks at me and, although his face is usually unreadable, it instantly is filled with surprise. He walks over to me.

"Lavanya, why are you still here? You should have been home long ago." He asks me. I yawn and then answer him

"Well Doc was busy working. I didn't want to annoy him by asking for a ride home---" I was cut off by my own yawn. "I contemplated just falling asleep on the couch, but when Doc decided to take me home *yawn* I would have just been causing problems by being asleep, and if I just slept here all night I would have been in the way when people came tomorrow morning. *yawn* So I decided to just wait till He got an opportunity to take me home. If not I will stay here awake all night so I will not be in the way at all, and don't be mad at Ratchet he is just doing his job as medic. He isn't used to being a guardian." I finished with another yawn.