27 : 'Bestfriends'

I tried to write this chapter in the best way possible. 
Thanks for all the votes and the encouragement I received in the last chapter.

Here is the final chapter. Enjoy:-

Chapter 27

It was around twelve o clock. I had almost finished packing and was just about to get out when I heard the door bell ring. Crap! I was hoping I wouldn't meet anyone else tonight. I just wished it wasn't Carter. He would sure drag me down to the hospital to see Hunter.

I took a deep breath and opened the door, "Hunter?!!"
The shock came after I had thoroughly looked at him.

"Where are you going?" His voice came out in weak tone.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in surprise when I saw the white bandage wrapped around his forehead, "Are you alright?"

"Thanks so much for caring" He muttered in a hurt tone.

I looked away, "Sorry, but I'm leaving"

"Why?" He stared at me, "I haven't answered your question yet"

"I don't care about the answer anymore"

"Why?" His anger rose, "Then why did you even ask me that in the first place? Why did you tell me to choose you when you don't actually want to be chosen? Why did you tell me to love you when you are running away from this, Ryder?"

"I don't know-"

"You don't know?!" Hunter had a look of disbelief, "You told me to choose you so that you could love me, kiss me, talk to me, hug me- You told me those things and now you are just gonna run away?!"

"Yes, I am!" I snapped at him, "Leave, Hunter. I don't wanna talk to you right now"

He stepped forward, "You can't leave. Not before you give me a chance talk to you!"

I stepped back, "Hunter stop!"

"No-" He didn't stop.

"Just stay out of my house!" I glared at him before walking inside the house and shutting the door on his face, "Go back, Hunter! I will not give you any more chances-"

"I choose you, Amanda Ryder!" Hunter yelled from the other side of the door, "I choose my best friend. So- I am not going to let you leave! I am never going to let you leave-"

I stopped at my steps, blankly staring at the closed doors. What did he just say? Did he just say he chose me? He said that, right?!

"You can't say that now!" I cried out, "You can't choose me just because Amara let you go"