21 : 'Birthday'

Okay, you people hated the previous Amanda cast, so I picked her.
Now tell me you like her! :)

Chapter 21

(Next Friday)

"Can we talk?"

Hunter stood in front of my car.

"Yeah?" I replied looking at him. Carter wasn't with me today; he got into another stupid detention, so I was supposed to go home alone. That jerk!

Hunter stood there for some seconds just looking at me, finally he said, "Tomorrow is Eve's birthday"

I looked surprised, "I know" Did he think I forgot?

"So I thou- we thought, maybe, if you want" He was hesitating, "We are throwing a party and Eve has her music classes in the afternoon. You remember where the class is, don't you?"

"Yeah"
I remembered Hunter taking me to Eve's classes two-three times. He used to take me everywhere.

"Good" He nodded, moving his hand through his hair and finally managing to speak in one go, "Listen, if you want, you can pick up Eve from the classes tomorrow and bring her to the party. Eve would like that. She misses you and she would be really happy if you came. Umm- you in?"

"So, are you inviting me to the party?" I looked a bit confused.
Was this his way of telling me I was invited too? I never got his way with the words.

He furrowed his eyebrows together, "Yes" He said as if it was so obvious, "Of course, you are invited" He paused, assessing me, "So, you'll go?"

"Yeah, absolutely" I smiled genuinely thinking about Eve, "I will go. Thank you for at least letting me do this much" I looked up to him, "You know, it hurts when someone hijacks someone else's plan and does those exact same things with another person"

I was rude. I wanted to make him feel the pain I went through. Did that make me a bad person?
I saw Hunter look at me as he realized what I meant, "I wasn't the one walking out of Eve's life"

It was true, I chose to sever all ties with them. I gulped down the hurt, "It wasn't like you gave me too many choices, Hunter"

"Yeah, you chose to leave us and you are happy with it, we get it!" Hunter shrugged angrily. Then controlling himself, he sighed, "Listen, I don't wanna fight. I am tired of this and- if you want to celebrate with Eve, be there tomorrow"

He walked away after that.

(Saturday)

"Amanda" The little girl squealed as she ran out of her class and hugged me.