5 : 'Stalker'

Chapter 5

"What are you saying, Amanda?" Ms. Kitts looked at me with surprise, "I thought you two have decided to do this together.."

"We decided?" I gave her a confusing laugh. I came into class late today, and the first thing I decided to do was go up to her and talk about doing the project alone, "No, Ms. Kitts, we.."

"But Hunter said he has no problem working together with you..." Ms. Kitts interrupted.

"Hunter said that?" I looked at her in surprise, "When?"

"Well, I met him today before class, and he said he was willing to work with you.. He has already prepared the schedule. I thought you knew.." I looked at Ms. Kitts as if not believing anything I just heard. Hunter talked to her? Then I turned around and there he was, at the furthest corner, steeling glimpses at me from above his book. The moment he saw me looking, his attention was back to his book.

I looked at Ms. Kitts again and smiled nervously as she gave me a puzzled look, "My mistake.. Umm.. Yeah, well.. I knew he said that.. I just forgot.. Bad memory.. Just ignore whatever I said just now.. I'm all good with the partnering thing.. heh.. Now, I'm gonna go and sit down there.." I awkwardly pointed my fingers to my seat and more awkwardly walked up to it and sat down.

Like, what the hell?! When was it decided that we will do the project together? And how come he changed his mind in a day?

After the class got over, I was about to get up from my seat when someone place a paper over my desk and the person just walked out silently. I looked up to see Hunter walking away. The paper contained the project schedules. I smiled.

Chem lab was when I met Hunter again or rather for the first time today. I walked up and sat beside him with a huge grin on my face. But he seemed to have again activated the 'do-not-disturb-me' mode. For starters, he didn't even look at me.

"So, you are okay working with me?" I whispered, trying to concentrate on something Mr. Bakerson was teaching.

"Yeah.." He whispered back. I smiled looking at him.

"What?" He looked at me as if not finding this at all funny.

"So, Kyle Hunter finally willing to work with someone he hates.." I whisper-giggled at which he got conscious.

"Yeah, not much of a choice left.."

"Thank god for that..." I sighed happily.

"So, what changed your mind suddenly?" I whispered again when he didn't reply.

"Nothing" He shrugged slightly.

"I saw the schedule..." I paused, thinking he would reply, but he didn't, "Well.. I think it's fine, but do you think we can finish everything within school hours. I mean..."