23 : 'Chance'

Guys, if you want me to update faster, then please vote!!!

Major drama.. Read with caution! :P

Chapter 23

(Monday)

I drove to his house after finishing school. Hunter and Amara had already gone back before me since I had to help in the Library again. Carter was in detention once again and he said something about coming back later to meet me. I didn't know if he meant to meet me at Hunter's place or not. I wasn't bothering with that since I was busy scolding him for making it a habit of being in the detention every day.

Jack wasn't here today. It was just Hunter, Eve and Amara. I had told them before that I would be coming, so it wasn't that of a surprise. Hunter was sitting on the couch, a book in his hand, only the geek glasses were missing.

Eve was beside him, standing and playing with her dolls that lay on the couch. I went ahead and sat on the opposite side. The whole day I had planned and unplanned so many ways to tell him that his mother was back. But I was still nervous about the whole thing.

"Eve, aren't we hungry?" Hunter looked at Eve and then at me.

Eve nodded, smiling.

"I'm not" I shrugged.

He sighed looking at Eve again, "Princess, I'm thinking of some delicious sandwiches- What do you think?"

Eve giggled looking at her brother, "Yes"

I knew where this was heading, but I tried to be oblivious of the fact.

"What's going on?" Amara asked sitting beside Eve.

"We want sandwich-" Eve giggled again looking at Amara. I rolled my eyes when Hunter smirked at me.

"Are you hungry?" Amara asked Eve.

Eve nodded and smiled steeling secret glances with Hunter.

"Fine-" I stood, giving up.

"I'll do it" Amara said quickly, making me stop.

"Umm- sure" I said hesitantly after making eye contact with Hunter. His smirk was gone. But he didn't say anything and diverted his attention back into the book.

Amara started walking when Eve ran and held her hand, "No, let Amanda do it. She makes great sandwiches-"

"I can make it too, Eve" Amara smiled at her.

"But-" Eve looked back at Hunter who didn't care about this conversation anymore.

"Amara, it's alright. I'll do it this time" I said assuring Eve.