3 : 'Partners'

Chapter 3

I have understood now, that asking your best friends for relationship advices doesn't do you any good. They will always advice you the way their relationship works, but maybe that won't work on your case. They will say the things the way only they want to solve a problem, but maybe, you don't want to solve it like that. And so, when I asked Lily and Vanessa's help regarding what happened between me and Alex that night at my place, they were straight up angry at me for pushing him away.

"Come on girl, how long are you going to play the Virgin Mary card?" Lily asked.

"Yeah, Amanda.. You are lucky that Alex is still with you after the number of times you have told him off.." Vanessa said, "How long do you think he would want to stay like that?"

I stopped the car infront of Nick's house and stared at my best friends, were they serious?

"Do you think he would leave me, if I won't?" I asked in a panic tone.

"We are not saying that, but" Lily shrugged her shoulders before getting out of the car, "You never know.."

I looked at Lily's retreating figure and then at Vanessa, "Vanessa.."

She was giving the last finishing touch to her already make up face. She continued with her lip gloss while talking to me, "It's Nick's party, Amanda.. Use it as a chance to make it up to him.."

"I don't get it.. How?" I asked puzzled.

"God, Amanda! How else? The way Alex wants it.. Make him happy, now let's go in.. Hurry up.." Vanessa walked inside as I followed her behind.

The party was as always crowded with too many people and too many noises mixed together. But maybe it was only me, who was not finding this party enjoyable enough since my mind was pre-occupied with what my friends suggested before coming here. All this while, Alex was busy with his group of popular friends and thus it made me realize, maybe my friends were right. Maybe Alex would lose interest in me gradually and maybe I'll be the sole reason for it. When my head started to hurt thinking of things that shouldn't have been a problem in the first place, I got up and walked up to him. I decided it was time for me to experience what I hadn't done for all this while. I can't lose Alex because of my insecurities. Alex deserved more than that.

"Alex, I need to talk to you.."

"Not now, babe.." Alex said while concentrating on some stupid game they were playing.

"Alex.." I went up to him, and pulled him away from his circle of friends, "I need to talk.."

"What?" He was a bit irritated, but I ignored. But then came the uneasiness. How was I supposed to say?!

"Alex.. Umm.." I was embarrassed. Was it natural?

"Well, hurry up! Amanda.. I don't have time for this.." His rude remark was really not what I was expecting right now.