Chapter 20: I'll Capture Your Heart

Start from the beginning

"Emma's a fat, ugly whore!" one fan yelled over the rest. I kept my head down, but my ears stayed open as comments continued. "She's just a beard. Louis and Harry are obviously together!" I heard a final insult as we entered the airport and the doors closed. Instantly, Louis was at my side, grabbing my hand. "Don't listen to them." he said quietly. "Don't worry about it, I'm completely fine." I smiled at him and he seemed satisfied with that, but kept holding onto my hand.

Not much later, we were on a plane headed to Spain. It was a short flight, but I was tired and had nothing better to do than sleep. So, I closed my eyes and got comfortable. I tried to think about all the fun we would have today when we got to Madrid, but all that was on my mind was the comments from the fans. Except it wasn't them that bothered me, it was the fact that they were repeating my father. Every time I heard their screaming voices, I saw him. I saw the nightmare. I saw Louis, dead. No matter how many times I told myself that my dad was locked up for good, I couldn't shake the fear that was taking over me.

The touch of soft skin against my cold hand awakened me and I desperately opened my eyes, finding Louis sitting there, listening to music and smiling. He took off the headphones for a moment and leaned in closer to me. "We'll be arriving soon, so I just wanted to wake you up." he said and I nodded. Wow, that nap was a lot longer than I thought it was. Thank God though, I don't think I could've lasted a minute longer in that dream, if that's even what it was.

Louis was right as the pilot announced a few minutes later that we were making our decent into Madrid. I took out two pieces of gum from my bag, handing one to Louis and putting the other piece in my mouth. I chewed hard as we landed, trying to keep my ears from popping as most of us know hurts like hell. Luckily, I barely felt nothing. When the plane finally stopped at the gate, I ripped my seat belt off and stood up, reading to meet Madrid for the first time. Hopefully I could get my mind off of that stupid dream. Ronaldo could definitely help with that.

We all stepped off the small plane and into the airport terminal. There were some fans, but none really acknowledged me. I was liking Spain already. Of course, there were still thousands to go, so I guess I'll just enjoy it while I can. It only took the boys a few minutes to greet the fans before they let us go on our way. Apparently we were supposed to be at the stadium at noon and it was already eleven, so we just had enough time to drop off our things at the hotel, change, and get a quick lunch.

The hotel was grand and expensive-looking, just as I had expected. But trust me, I had tried shoving my credit card in Louis face a thousand times, which always ended in him throwing it across the room. While I chased after it, he paid. Damn that boy. Up on our floor, Marlee and I dropped our bags off in our room and changed into some comfier, lighter clothing since it was much warmer here than in Paris. I picked out a plain white tank top with a patterned pocket, some shorts, and my most treasured pair of Free Runs. A knock on our door told us it was time to go and I quickly put my hair up in a ponytail as we ran out to meet the boys. Once again, we got into a van. When I thought we were skipping lunch, I remembered that these are boys. And they would never pass up a chance at food. They quickly found an ethnic Spanish restaurant and we went in slyly so we wouldn't be recognized.

When we finally got to the stadium, we found that Lea and Chris were going to recording the boys today to show what they did whilst on tour. I greeted her with a warm smile, but decided not to spark up a conversation given that she was supposed to be working. Instead, I looked around for the hot Spanish football team. The stadium was large and technically, I was supposed to stay with the boys. What was so funny to me was when I thought I saw someone and stopped walking, but Louis grabbed onto my hand tightly, pulling me along. Yeah, he didn't let go anytime after that. Ain't that just adorable?

We were taken down to the lower level of the stadium where we were told the players were currently. I started to get nervous as we neared their 'club house' style room. Finally about seven people came into view and I finally knew what directioners felt when they saw the boys. I wanted to run up and hug Ronaldo when I saw him, but I played it cool and watched as the boys introduced themselves, along with Marlee, me, and the rest of the crew that had come with them. Each boy was given a uniform for the team with their names on them, which of course made me jealous. But watching Louis take his shirt off was perfectly fine with me.