Chapter 11

Alice's P.O.V.

  I was up early again. This time though I was to set out breakfast in the ball room. There was a lot of food, let me just say that. The rest of the staff and I had been up all night making enough food. It was a pain to make sure it was all warm before putting it out though.

  I sighed and left the room to get every one up. It took a while to do so. The last people I needed to wake was Feliciano and Ludwig. I walked to their room and knocked on the door. As soon as I knocked the door came flying open and Feliciano ran into my arms. I couldn't help but smile as I almost fell over.

  "Bella Alice!"

  "Good morning Mr Vargas and you too Mr Beilshmidt. Do you two sleep well?" I asked.

  "Ja, fine danke." Ludwig said and I nodded.

  "Breakfast is in the ballroom." I said as I started to pull away from Feliciano. He pulled away as well and grabbed Ludwig's hand. But as they left I noticed a bruise on the side of Feliciano's neck.

  "Mr Vargas may you come here for a moment?" I asked as I walked towards them. Feliciano turned and pulled Ludwig with him.

  "We need to cover this up." I said as I pulled foundation out of my pocket. Luckily Feliciano had the same skin tone as me. "We don't want anyone to see that do we?"

  "No, bella. And Grazie." Feliciano said as he gave me a hug. After that I walked with them to the ballroom for breakfast. As soon as I walked into the room I said a quick goodbye and went to find Francis. He was sitting at the table with Arthur, Matthew and Alfred.

  I smiled at seeing them together. Matthew and I used to play together everyday when we were younger, until Arthur took him away. I knew Alfred too, since we had also played together a few times. I honestly missed those days but I wouldn't want to go back to them. If I did then I wouldn't be with Francis.

  "Alice." Matthew said as he saw me coming towards them. He stood and gave me a hug. Which I returned happily.

  "How are you Mr Williams?" I asked. But as soon as I said his name formally a frown appeared on his face. "Hey you know I'm just playing with you Matthew. You're one of the very few I call by their real names and you should know that."

  He smiled and was about to say something when something else spoke before him. "Who are you?" A high pitch voice asked as it looked over Matthews shoulder.

  "Mr Kumajirou!" I said and his eyes widened.

  "Ali." Mr Kumajirou said and reached out to me. He used to call me Ali since he didn't want to call me Alice like everyone else did. I think it was also that Ali was easier for him to remember.

  "How are you Mr Kumajirou?" I asked as Matthew gave him to me. "Is Matthew treating you well?"

  Mr Kumajirou sighed. "Yeah, but you always treated me better."

  I laughed at this. The only reason Mr Kumajirou thought this was because when I had him there was no real discipline. When he got into the cookie jar I had taken the blame for him. So far no one knew about that except for Matthew. Actually I felt as if some others did know as well.

  "Yeah well you need discipline and your not going to find it here. It is better you have discipline or else you do something that hurts a lot of people." I said this and I instantly thought of what happened to Fredrick. I didn't mean to, but I couldn't help it with the guilt still eating at me. Sure I did it to protect Francis but killing someone is killing someone.

  "I'm sorry. I must be going." I said and handed Mr Kumajirou back to Matthew before leaving the room.

  Third person's P.O.V.

  "What just happened?" Matthew asked quietly as he stared after Alice. He was wondering what happened to suddenly upset Alice.

  "You did nothing Matthieu." Francis said as he placed a hand on Matthews shoulder. "She's dealing with something she shouldn't have to is all. It's something I should have taken care of, not her."

  "What happened, papa?" Matthew asked.

  "She killed someone while protecting me. Arthur was there as well. We should have been the ones to take care of it, not her."

  "You can't do anything about it, frog. It was her decision to make. Plus you and I were both too weak to deal with Freddy anyway." Arthur said.

  "Well I'm going to go find her." Alfred said. "If you dudes want to come then fine by me."

  They all followed him and it took a while to find her. Alice was down in the kitchen alone. The four of them were about to walk in when Matthew stopped them. He put Mr Kumajirou on the floor and watched as he walked towards Alice.

  "Ali." Mr Kumajirou said. Alice looked down at him and picked him up. "What's the matter Ali?"

  "I've killed someone Mr Kumajirou. I did not want to, but I had no choice. It was either kill him or get killed along with Francis and Arthur. I couldn't let Freddy do that, especially when it is my fault he got his hands on Francis' sword in the first place." Alice said honestly.

  The four people who were listening paled. They were not expecting her to feel guilty for those reasons. They thought that it was just the guilt over killing Freddy. But to kill Freddy and think it was her fault, she shouldn't be thinking that.

  "Ali, can I tell you something?" Kumajirou asked and Alice nodded. "I've killed someone too. He was following Matthew home one day on the way home from a world meeting. He had a knife and was about to enter the house when Matthew was sleeping. Thinking I had no other choice I went after him and bit his neck until I was sure he was dead. Alfred took care of the body for me and we didn't let Matthew know what happened. I pretended I was sick for two weeks so he wouldn't see the wounds I got." Mr Kumajirou said this and everyone's eyes widened. Except for Alfred's who already knew the story.

  "That was very brave of you." Alice said.

  "But don't you get my point? Sure we do things that we will regret but we have good intentions. There is nothing wrong with fighting for something you love." Mr Kumajirou said and Alice smiled.

  "Your right. I fought for what I love." Alice said and hugged Kumajirou. "Thank you."

  •*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

  A few months later Alice seemed finally back to normal. She had gone and visited Freddy's family and told them the truth about what had happened. Surprisingly the family didn't press charges on Alice. And for that she was grateful.

  Francis was doing okay as well. No one had tried to hurt Alice. So really the only threat had been Freddy and Ivan. Not that Ivan had been much of a threat. But besides that Alice did learn something.

  It's okay to fight for what you love. Even if others do not understand why you continue to fight. As long as you fight for what you love you shall be okay.

*•*•*•*•*•*

So I was reading this story over before I posted it... I wrote it about half a year ago and I can't believe how much my writing has improved in that little time. But I didn't bother to change the story, even if I realized it has so much more potential then it shows. Eh, whatever. This is the world of writing and I can learn and improve by looking back at my old writing. Anyway I hoped you guys liked this story. And have a nice night/day/evening.