Chapter 7

Warning: a bit smutty but there is no lemon.

  France's P.O.V.

  "How's Alice doing?" Arthur asked as I walked out of my room. I had put Alice there so she could be better taken care of. Plus I would only be across the hall in my study so I could hear if she got up or anything like that.

  "She's asleep now, I just hope that she doesn't have a nightmare to wake her up." I said and Arthur nodded. 

  "The poor girl. She must really love you if she was willing to do that for you." Angleterre said and placed a hand on my shoulder. "France, I think that you finally found that one person that you will finally receive a rose from."

  "Y- You know about that?" I asked and he nodded.

  "Of course I do, wanker. But you shouldn't stop doing that for the other nations, you git. Some of them really appreciate it."

  "Hohohohohohon, are you talking about yourself Angleterre?" I asked with a smirk.

  "No you wanker. It's just that I've seen some of the looks that the other nations get on their faces when they see the roses every year." He said and crossed his arms. I nodded and grabbed the glass of red wine that Dean had brought for me.

  "Now I have to find a new chef tomorrow. If I don't find one then how is everyone supposed to have something to eat before we start the meeting?" I asked England.

  "I'll do it." I heard a voice from behind me. I turned and gasped when I saw Alice standing there. "I know everyone's orders better then anyone. Dean could help me if I shall need it."

  "I couldn't ask that of you, Alice." I said and she shook her head.

  "Listen, may I please do this for you. Just this once.  I need to do this, Francis." She pleaded and I slowly nodded when I realized she wasn't going to give up until I let her do this. I was about to speak when Arthur spoke first.

  "Now if you excuse me I really must get to bed." He said and I nodded. Alice curtsied to him and he bowed his head before leaving the room. I turned to Alice once he was gone.

  "I really must retire to my chambers as well. I will see you in the morning Francis." She said and kissed my cheek. She went to step back when I grabbed her wrist. Her eyes widened in shock since I had never done this before.

  "Please, Alice, you can sleep in my room tonight if you would like. I don't mind, really. And if not may you please sleep in the room next to mine. I want to make sure your safe Alice." I said honestly.

  She smiled. "Fine, I shall retire to your chambers, but just for tonight. But nothing happens."

  "Of corse. We don't want you baring a child. You and I both know what happened to Angleterre's one thing." I said and she nodded.

  England had once had a one thing to keep alive. But that all changed when she became pregnant. The thing about the things that we keep alive is that one fatal blow could kill them. And as for the females, giving birth can end up being that one fatal blow. So Angleterre's love had ended up dying giving birth.

  I stood from my chair and grabbed Alice's hand. Her hand fit perfectly in mine. This was the first time we had ever held hands and now my hand never wanted to let go. Which it didn't have to for now, as we walked across the hall to my room.

  I slipped off my pants and left on my boxers. And then I realized that I actually had to let go of Alice's hand if I wanted to take off my shirt. But it was Alice who had let go first. I looked at her as she grabbed the bottom of my shirt and pulled it over my head. Alice placed a hand on my stomach and ran a hand up to my chest. I had to try hard not to shiver.

  I brushed some of her hair behind her ear and looked into her green eyes. We locked eyes for a moment and she place her left hand on my right one. Then we both climbed into bed with our fingers interlocked. I had an arm around her and our hands were in front of Alice. With my chest pressed up against Alice's back we both fell asleep.