Chapter 5

Alice's P.O.V.

  I watched as Francis and Arthur battled again. They were about ten minutes into this sword fight and no one seemed to have the upper-hand. I sighed and thought that maybe it was time for me to give it a try. I nodded to myself and grabbed the sword that I had the other day.

  "Mind if I practice my own swordsmanship?" I asked as they finally broke apart. They looked at each other before Francis lowered his sword and backed away so he could watch. I smiled and looked at Mr. Kirkland.

  "Please don't think about taking it easy on me, Mr. Kirkland." I said and he just nodded once before we started.

  He swung at me and I blocked it easily. Then as he pulled his arm back I quickly lunged. He seemed shocked and stared at the tip of my sword. It was about an inch from his chest.

  "See, you are simply too tired to be practicing swordplay at the moment. That includes you, Francis. You both shall take the rest of the day to rest. And don't even think about not listening, because I do have my ways of finding things out." I said and poured them both a glass of water.

  "Mr. Kirkland, I plan on having a rematch when you are fully rested tomorrow, if you don't mind." I said and hung the sword back on the wall. "Oh and there is to be a world meeting here in two days time."

  "Two days?" Francis asked and I nodded. He looked over at England before looking back at me. "That is simply not nearly enough time."

  "Don't worry S- Francis." I had to stop myself for saying 'sir' out of habit. "The staff and I will have this place spick and span by then."

  He looked as if he wanted to say something but shut his mouth before he could speak. He was probably going to say that he didn't want me working on the staff anymore. But he knew there was no use trying to stop me. I was too used to working for him to stop now. I had even worked for him when he went through a time of dept and I was the only person on his staff.

  "Okay, mon petit Alice, I believe you all will." He finally said and I smiled at him. I walked over to him, kissed his cheek and slid his sword out of his grip so I could put it away. He smiled back at me and let me walk out of the room.

  But just before I closed the door I turned back around to look at Francis and Arthur. "By the way, Mr. Carriedo and Mr. Beilshmidt will be here tomorrow. They said it was because of the very needed 'Bad Touch Trio' time." I said with an eyebrow raised.

  He just nods and I walked out of the room. I went and grabbed their dinner and put the sword on the table. Then I quickly walked up the back steps and into Francis's study. I gave Mr. Kirkland and Francis their food before leaving again.

  I went down the stairs to grab the sword only to find it was gone. I gasped and looked around to see if I had put it somewhere else. But it was no where in sight. Where did I put it?

  "Alice!" Dean yelled as he stomped down the stairs. He was the stable master since Francis had horses that he would ride every once in a while. Since his house was in the country part of France he had plenty of space to ride.

  "What is it Dean?" I asked.

  "Freddy, he took the sword you put on the table and went in search of Mr. Bonnefoy." He said and my eyes widened. Oh no.

  I ran to the secret passage and ran to where it came out to the ballroom with Dean right on my heals. I grabbed the sword from the wall as Dean opened the french doors so I could run through them. I nodded a thanks and ran strait to Francis's study. When I got there I found out that Freddy was already there.