Chapter 1

"Francis!" I hear as a little girl ran up to me. I looked down at Alice and she gives me her biggest smile. She wraps her little arms around my legs and I let out a light laugh.

  "Bonjour, Alice." I said as she lets go and takes a step back. She straitened out her dress and fixed her hair.

  "Bonjour, Mr. Bonnefoy." She said to me as she went formal as people started to file into the room. She moved to stand behind me and watched silently as everyone slowly trickled in. She stayed there until the last guest pasted us.

  "Francis, so good to see you." A blond said as we greeted each other.

  "Mr. Kirkland, may I take your jacket?" Alice asked like she had for every other guest. How she remembered everyone's names, I had no idea.

  "Oh why thank you." Arthur said shrugging off his jacket and giving it to Alice. She brought it to the closet and gave it to her mother since she was too short to reach the hooks. Next thing I knew she was back at my side.

  "Gwen, you are dismissed." I said to Alice's mother. She looked at me with confusion.

  "Are you sure Sir?" She asked and I nodded.

  "If I need you I will simply get Alice to fetch you." I said and she nodded once before leaving. I headed to the table with Arthur and Alice right behind. I sat down at the head of the table and looked at Alice as she took a step forwards.

  "Will you please excuse me for a moment sir." Alice said and I nodded.

  "She's quite cute isn't she?" Arthur asked and I nodded. She was a smart girl for her age as well. She was also the only one who wasn't afraid of my strange title as a rapist. Which was not true. Sure I'm pansexual but that does not mean I want to invade everyone's vital regions.

  I heard the door creek open and saw as Alice pushed a cart bigger than her into the room. It had at least fifty platters on it with a whole bunch of different a sorts of food. She picked up two and brought it to two people beside Arthur and I.

  "A nice steak for you Mr. Jones and vegetable soup for Ms. Zwingli." Alice said. She went around the table and brought everyone their special orders. She didn't mess up once and it was quiet incredible. Especially since she was only eight and remembered people's orders a lot better then most of my staff who we're at least fifteen. Finally she got to Arthur and I.

  "Mr. Kirkland gets the gets the fish with the nice warm scones with the melted butter on top. Finally Mr. Bonnefoy gets the sliced potatoes with the asparagus." Alice says and she places our plates down in front of us. She looks around the table to see everyone with a smiles on there faces enjoying their food. She curtsies to us before leaving the room to eat her own meal with the rest of the staff.

  Once everyone is done eating Alice and the rest of the staff come to collect our plates. Once they are all gone I stand and look around at everyone. I have to wait a moment before everyone looks at me. I clear my throat and everyone goes silent.

  "Okay we must start this meeting now, Oui?" I ask and everyone nods. It doesn't take long after I say that for everyone to start arguing. Even Arthur and I get in an argument. I don't know how long it lasts but everyone in the room goes silent as Alice walks into the room.

  "I don't mean to intrude sir. But would anyone like some wine? We also have beer, coffee, and any kind of tea." Alice says in a small voice that seems to carry.

  She quickly goes around and takes everyone's order. She memorizes them and leaves the room. After a few minutes she comes back with another cart and hands out the drinks. Lastly she hands me a glass of red wine. She curtsies again and leaves the room.