Chapter One

So here it is. Chapter one of the second book. I hope you enjoy it :)

Splinters, amongst everything a fragment of wood stuck in my thumb were the one thing that was hurting me the most.  Throwing a blow into a demons stomach, I dived out of the way of an oncoming fire ball. Just an average Monday afternoon for me then. Rubbing my palms together, I threw a ball of light at the muscular man who was harassing me. It missed as he ducked behind the trunk of an old oak tree.  If he was going to fight he should fight. I hate it when they hide.  Leaping into the air to dodge another fire ball I landed on my feet.

“Snivelling little child,” He sneered.

“Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me and all that jazz,” I mocked throwing two electric balls towards the tree.  Being in the human world trees were ok to burn.  Not being actual magical trees that can beat the hell out of you with their braches, makes it easier.

“Oh come on. Stop hiding. I really don’t have all day!” I Jeered.  Orbing out and back in the forest behind the tree, he was gone.  I thought demons were supposed to be fearless this one was a bit on the weak side. 

Searing pain spread through my arm as I was hit by a fire ball. Pulling off my grey jacket I threw it on the floor.

“That was my favourite jacket, Jackass!” I yelled towards the tree the fire ball had come from. I’m thinking of sending Logan a bill for every piece of clothing that gets ruined after a demon attack. It was after all his area, even if he says he doesn’t have any control over them.

Listening to the silence of the forest I circled the tree were the fireball had come from. It seemed to be empty.  Coming at me, he grabbed me from behind and held his arm round my throat. Tugging on his arm I flipped him over and he landed on the ground.

“Amateur,” I sighed throwing a fire ball at him. His body combusted in a ball of flames as the flame ball hit him.

“Well done,” Leo applauded showing himself from behind the trees.

“Thank you, Thank you very much,” I laughed bowing towards him.

“Next!” I cried.

He looked at me with amusement and shook his head whilst running his hand through his blond spiked hair.

“I think that’s enough for one day,” he chuckled picking up my jacket from the floor.

“Oh come on,” I groaned stretching my arms and legs ready for the next attack.

“No, you have already killed four demons today. You need to take a break,” He laughed handing me my singed jacket.

Every since New Year’s Day, two months ago and the attack by Lorias, I wanted to train myself up. So I didn’t feel as defenceless as I did then. I never want to feel that helpless again. The constant reminder on my chest made me think about it every day. What other eighteen year old girl can say they have a chaos symbol, branded into their chest. These training sessions were improving my fighting skills and making me feel stronger by the day. All I had to do was stand in an abandoned field and use my magic and a demon would come to attack me. I suppose being number one on the demon hit list had some perks.

“Plus your father wants to see you before you go home,” He informed as we made our way through the trees.

“What why? I promised I’d help Robin with her course work,” I moaned. I wish my father would stop talking to me through other people. I know we had our arguments but I was sure we had them sorted out now. Apparently I thought wrong, no surprise there.