Chapter Sixteen

[3rd Person POV]

Elijah Mikaelson, oldest living Original, walked into the Gilbert house hold to come face-to-face with the newest doppelganger, Elena Gilbert.

"Stefan," she called to the kitchen in worry.

Stefan Salvatore walked out of the kitchen, to come face-to-face with, "Elijah."

"Hello again," the Original says with a slight smirk, "I've been told, by my sister, that Alaric is a vampire and can't be harmed by the white oak. Also, that he wants to kill all vampires."

Stefan narrows his eyes at the Original.

"She also mentioned that he can only die if Elena is killed," Elijah looks down to the doppelganger in front of him, "But I have a far better idea," he walks further into the hall, and down into the next room, "Shall we," he motions for everyone to take a seat at the table.

Elena nods, and shuts the door Elijah left open. Stefan, Elena, and Matt Donovan -Elena's old friend- gather in the kitchen, Stefan pulls out his phone, and calls his older brother, Damon. Once he answers they all quiet down and listen to Elijah's plan.

"All we need is to take that stake away from him," he says simply, "Once he's been disarmed, the weapon's in my possession, my family will scatter to the ends of the Earth. And Alaric," he continues, "will follow us."

"And you'll just," Stefan walks over to them, "run."

"We've done it before," he says simply, "Klaus and Rebekah spent a better part of a thousand years evading my father. What's another half century while Elena's able to live out the rest of her natural life?"

Elena speaks up from her place at the table, "We've finally stopped him, Elijah. After everything he's done to us, I can't just let you bring him back."

"I give you my word, Elena," Elijah leans forward, "I will not revive Klaus within yours, nor even within your children's lifetimes." He pauses for a moment, and straightens out the cloths and plate that are on the table in front of him, "Maybe it'll finally teach him some manners."

"Why should she trust you?" Matt walks over to them, "All you've done is screw her over."

Elijah looks up at the blonde, "Marina Kersey," he states, "A good friend of mine, and an acquaintance of yours. She is very loyal to anyone who is not their enemy. She will do anything in her power to protect the ones she loves, or the ones she loves friends or family -even if she doesn't particularly like them," Elijah glances toward Stefan, "She is a friend of yours Matt, and yours Elena. She would have herself killed, even at the chance of saving either of you. I plan on getting her help on this, so if you don't trust me -which I do not blame you for- trust her."

Matt nods immediately, along with Elena. But Stefan is still unsure, never having a good experience with the witch, "I don't know."

"She is a friend of Klaus', yes," Elijah admits, "But she is also very cross with him, for trying to take you away from your home, Elena. She thought he would be happy with Rebekah, and the few hybrids he has left. She was wrong, and is strongly disappointed in him. I wouldn't be surprised if she threw his coffin in the Atlantic herself."

"Fine," Stefan says.

"NO!" Damon shouts through the phone, but Stefan hangs up on him.

[Marina's Apartment]

Knock, knock, knock, Elijah knocks against the door of Marina's apartment. After a few moments with no answer, he tries to open the door, with no success. He's stopped by a barrier. He turns to Matt, "Matt, could you please."