Chapter Nine

I woke up around 10:00am and ended up lying in my bed for a half an hour, so around 10:30am I got out of bed. I slowly climb out of my floral comforter and walk to the bathroom to do my morning routine. I take a quick shower with my scented shampoo, conditioner, and body soap, after I used the toilet.

After my shower I walked back to my bedroom with a white fluffy towel wrapped around my torso, ending at my mid-thigh. I'm not wet, I willed myself dry the second I got out of the shower, I just don't want to walk around naked, that's just weird.

So, anyway, I walk to my dresser and pick out a denim button up shirt, black yoga pants, and brown heeled, shin high boots. I put a black beanie on my black hair, my dagger ring on my left right middle finger, and put on a paper plane necklace. I grabbed my knapsack that holds my sketch book, grimoire, and monster proof laptop, and out Hurricane and my monster proof phone in the front pockets.

As I get ready to leave my apartment and walk around town two familiar voices stop me, "Marina!!" I turn around, dagger at the ready, only to see an IM from Connor and Travis on the back of my TV.

I let out a sigh of relief and put down my dagger, "Hey guys," I give them a smile and wave, "Why'd you call?"

"Just wanted to see our favorite child of the big three," Travis says while scratching the back of his neck. I get ready to reply, but stop when I notice a presence in my room. It's a dark presence and he feels like death, so it must be Nico.

I look around the apartment and see him just out of view of the IM, "Good, 'cause Nico's right here." I point over to Nico and he walks out of his corner.

"Crap," I hear Connor mutter, and I see him look at Travis, "So, who do you wanna piss off, uh, Death Breath, or Shell Head?"

"Neither," Travis says and cuts through the mist, ending the IM. I hear a scoff as I chuckle which causes me to turn back to Nico.

"Whatcha doin' here Nico?"

"Visiting my favorite cousin," Nico says with a smirk, "I mean you're my only cousin, but still." I can tell he's not telling me everything so I give him a 'really?' look, to which he responds with, "And, I wanted to meet your vampire friends."

I let out an annoyed huff, "Fine," I go to the door and grab my keys, "Come on," I turn off the lights and walk out the door, Nico on my tail, "Off to the Mikaelson's!"

"Who are the Mikaelson's?" Nico asks.

"They are the oldest vampires," I tell him, "They've been dead since the 10th century."

"Is their mom Esther, cause Thanatos has a bone to pick with her," Nico says annoyed, "Keeps forgetting to do his paperwork because he's trying to find a way to kill her and her children. He's mostly mad at her because she didn't face the consequences of dying but all her children did."

"How do you know all this?"

"He won't shut up about Esther and what happened to her children," Nico answers as we walk down the stairs to my car, "But he said the dad died recently, so he was happy that, that happened."

"Tell him Marina had something to do with it," I tell Nico, "Wanna put a good word in with him."

"You helped killed him," Nico asks as though it were impossible.

I roll my eyes, "You make it sound impossible for me to kill someone, or something."

"True," he says as we get into my Chevy and I turn on the engine, "Now long does it take to get there?"

"Couple minutes," I tell him as I turn on the radio and drive off toward Mikaelson Manor. True to my word, a couple of minutes later I pulled up to a large white manor filled with death.