Rocky: what's his name?

Ross: Ryder (they look at me)

Laura: how do you know?

Ross: I played hockey with him yesterday while he was at his practice. I thought him a trick during his practice.

Rydel: we saw him yesterday to. We were wondering why he looked like Ross.

Laura: that was you who taught him the trick? (I nod)

Ross: how old is he?

Laura: he's 4 (Laura looks down at Ryder again)

Laura: I should probably take him to his room. (She gets up and goes upstairs)

Laura's POV

I take Ryder upstairs to his room and lay him down on his bed. I was about to get up when he calls me.

Ryder: mommy?

Laura: yes Ry?

Ryder: can you sing me a song?

Laura: of course (I sing him my song boombox it was suppose to be on my fourth album but I decided to stop music)

After, I finish singing, I kissed his head.

???: you're a great mother (I jump and turn to see Ross)

Laura: you scared me, what are you doing here?

Ross: I just wanted to talk to you.

Laura: ok. Let's talk in my room. I don't want him to wake up. (He nods and I go to my room, which was in front of Ryder's room)

Ross: nice room

Laura: thanks. What'd you want to talk about? (I sit on the bed)

Ross: I just want to see how you're doing. And I wanted to get to know Ryder more.

Laura: I'm fine and you can get to know Ryder tomorrow.

Ross: look Laura, I miss you. I really regret chea- (I cut him off)

Laura: can we not talk about that right now, please? (He sighs)

Ross: sorry. Can you tell me more about Ryder? I missed a lot.

I feel bad. Ross missed so much of Ryder's life. I feel guilty. I had no other choice after what he had done. I still can't get over it, it still hurts me.

Laura: err what do you want to know?

Ross: what's he like?

Laura: he's so much like you. He likes the same things you do. It always surprises me how much he's like you. He has your personality, humor, and genuine love for planes and music.

Ross: he sounds amazing

Laura: he is. You can get to know him more tomorrow.