Twenty-four

Song:

James Bay- Scars

-

Liam walks into the room with a concerned face. I remain by a still in pain Harry.

"Chris, there's something extremely wrong. Harry isn't supposed to feel this way." He says and my head starts spinning.

"You were laughing though!" I say and Harry groans in agonizing pain. Wait, pain? What the hell? Harry can't feel pain!

Liam must notice the recognition on my face because he just simply nods his head. He rushes to Harrys side and picks him up. At this point, the peas have defrosted.

Harry's face twists in pain when Liam uses all his strength to hold him up.

"I'm taking him to the hospital." Liam announces and I step forward, ready to go with them.

"No, Chris. You stay here." He says strictly and continues to practically drag Harry along.

"But why!" I say and try again, but I feel two arms warp around my wait and pull me back.

"He will be okay." Liam says before leaving the house and closing the door. What is going on?

-

Liam's POV-

The doctor walks in and glides across the room towards Harrys body laying on the bed.

"What's the problem, Doctor?" I address and he looks down at Harrys pale body. He reaches his two fingers down to feel his pulse and mentally takes note.

"Well, it just so happens that something we've never seen before is happening right before our eyes." He says triumphantly like this is a game.

"Please continue." Liam says a impatient due to the fact that his best friend who's never felt pain before in his life just felt it for the first time.

"Well," he starts and lets out a breath. "What we have here was a severe case of congenital analgesia. Now I'm sure you're aware of the affects. It disrupts the persons sexual life, close relationships, and often forces them into isolation." He goes on about all the things Liam already is aware of.

"Here's the problem. Harry's cancer has metastasized. It's become an extremely dangerous stage 3. Now it seems to be growing extraordinarily fast, which is a huge concern. But what's more concerning is that fact that it's seeming to rewire his brain somehow. It's presses upon certain parts of the brain and it's causing him to feel pain for the very first time, in his whole life. So when he was hit in his.. Area, it was the first time he's ever felt pain. So that means it was magnified by a thousand! You can only imagine how badly it must have hurt." The doctor says putting it into perspective for Liam. His mouth drops open in pure shock and confusion.

"So what do we do next?" I ask and he looks over his charts.

"This could be a good or bad thing, depending on the road you take. My personal recommendation would be to start chemotherapy immediately, but it says here on his files that he refused before. Do you think this would be an option this time around?"

"No, he doesn't want that." I say and adjust in my seat. The hospital feels eery and my mind is racing with thoughts that I can't quite understand. How will Harry react to pain?

"Well, there's not much else to do besides wait until his passing." The doctor says defeated.

"And is that time cut shorter than before?" I ask in hopes that it isn't.

"Well, not initially. Just expect fatigue, fainting, more nose bleeds, and a lot of new roads. Harry will now be open to experiencing temperatures, feeling bruises. It looks like he has some self harm scars on his chest and a slightly newer one on his forearm. He will feel that. And as for sex, he will definitely feel that."

"Didn't need to know the last part, mate." I say in disgust, trying not to imagine my best friend getting his pecker slicked.

"Just brace yourself. You've got a long couple months ahead of you." He says with a sigh, knowing that this is most likely he ever sees Harry alive.

I go to stand up and walk out of the room, maybe call the boys and let them know what's going on. I may even call Zayn, if he is interested. But the doctor reaches for my hand and stops me.

"This is going to be maybe the hardest thing you've ever had to deal with. The death of someone you care about always is. Make sure he's with the one person he loves when he passes, it usually helps with the process." He says and I feel myself getting choked up. It's now hitting me that I have about two months and a half with this man. Who loves him? No one that I'm aware of besides me and the boys. I'm almost certain that Chris doesn't care about him.

I guess when the time comes, we'll get as many people as he will allow. And the sad truth is that it may only be me, Niall, and Louis. Who knows if Zayn will care at that point.

A/N:

Some of you caught the fact that Harry felt pain and you were commenting, but I deleted the comments because I was planning this for a while and I tried to sneak it in.

But here's another twist! Omg Harry can feel pain, but he's also going to feel pleasure for the first time as well, which means....

Drum roll!

SMUT!! Yay my favorite! Y'all aren't even ready for newly found pleasure angry Harry sex. I'm not even prepared for it and I'm writing it!