Twenty-one

The worst part about being lonely, is the silence. It eats away at the happy in your head and turns it into hopelessness. It gives you time to overthink.

-

I walk out of Harrys room and into the living room where Harry left after I hugged him. I think I made him uncomfortable. That wasn't my intention at all.

He sits with a beer beside Liam and Zayn. Niall and Louis are somewhere else.

Harry's eyes look full of regret, maybe sadness. I'm not quite sure. I can't know everything.

I walk to the couch stand in front of the three boys.

"Let's get planning. You said we have a month?" I say to all of them and Harry places his beer on the side table and sits back.

"Not now, sweetheart." He says and my heart can't help but flutter at the name. I push my feelings aside.

"Where is Ben located?"

"Can you leave us the f*ck alone?" Zayn says harshly and I take a step back. Who does he think he is?

"Excuse me?" I say angrily and fold my arms over my chest.

I didn't expect him to stand up abruptly and make his way to me. I drop my arms in fear and he roughly grabs my forearms. I let out a whine when he pushes me against the wall.

He presses his body up to mine and reaches into his pocket, pulling out a silver gun and making sure it's in my eyesight.

"Hey! What the hell, Zayn!" I hear Harry yell and he grabs at Zayn's jacket, easily pulling him off of me. I lean further into the wall, wishing to sink in and away.

"Not this one!" Harry yells at him and stands in front of me protectively. Zayn stands from his position on the floor and fixes his hair.

"She's just a whore you picked up, isn't she?" He says and I notice Harry clench his fists at his sides.

"Zayn, bug off." Harry musters through gritted teeth. Zayn shakes his head in disbelief and places the gun back in his pocket. He gives me a daring look before storming off down the hallway.

Harry turns to me with a straight face and I stand still on the wall.

"F*ck!" He yells and his fist collides with the wall beside me. It breaks right through and I let out a shriek and dodge him.

He pulls his hand out and looks at it like some foreign object. His eyes snap to me again and his widen.

"No, no, no!" He shouts and I cower, folding into myself more and more as he gets louder.

"Don't look at me like that!" He yells, but his voice cracks, confusing me. "Don't look at me like I scare you!" He yells and grabs my shoulders, shaking me.

"I-" I try to say something, anything. But nothing comes out.

"I'm sorry!" He yells and I literally watch the color start draining from his face. He looks a little drowsy and I start to feel worried.

"Zayn." I start of silently, but when Harry's eyes roll back and he passes out, I scream.

"Zayn! Zayn! Liam!"

Liam comes running in, Zayn comes walking. When they see Harry, they rush to his side. Zayn is the only one with medical training, so I had no choice but to call him over.

I feel the tears start running down my face. Is this my fault?

"I don't know what happened, he passed out. He was acting crazy! This is my fault!" I say and Liam starts to hoist him up into bridal position. He starts his way down the hall and to Zayn's room and Zayn follows quickly behind.

I take a second to collect myself and try to think of why Harry may have passed out. It could have been stress, maybe even flashbacks. There is something so off about the way his face fell before my eyes. Maybe it was a panic attack.

My mind is racing with all the possibilities and I'm honestly so flustered right now, but I need to see him. I need to make sure he's okay. That's the person I am at the end of the day. You can take me from my home, but you can't change me.

I run to Zayn's room and Liam set Harry down on Zayn's bed. Liam steps back and Zayn rummages through his drawers before finding a syringe filled with clear fluids. He wastes no time in walking to Harry and examining his arm for the perfect vein. Once he finds it, he jabs it in and injects the fluid.

"What's that?" I ask and sniffle, trying to hide my fear of the situation. Not Harry, I'm not afraid of him.

"Just, medicine." Zayn dismisses me and I can't even be mad at that. I walk to Harry and grab his hand. It feels cold and clammy to the touch. I run my thumb lightly over his wrist.

"Is he going to be okay?" I ask and await an answer, but there's a long pause.

"I don't think that man has been okay a single day in his life." Liam says sadly and my heart aches for him. He looks quite sick. His skin is pale, he has beads of sweat on his forehead, but when I reach up and feel for a fever, he's normal temperature.

"We should let him rest. I'll call Niall and Louis. Liam, take Chris to her room." Zayn says with a sigh and walks out of the room, pulling his phone out of his pocket.

"Come on, Chris." Liam says and places a comforting hand on my shoulder. I stand up and pat Harrys hand gently. Zayn must have given him some sort of sleeping medication. I envy how peaceful he must feel right now in his deep sleep. I have the urge to ask Zayn to shoot me up with that magic syringe.

"Okay. But Harry said I could sleep in his bed." I make sure to tell Liam. He looks at me suspiciously, but doesn't question it, he just leads the way.