Smiles DDM

Personal for ninjaturtle100

Age Newborn

Liam's POV

(Y/M/N - Your moms name)

"Ok, Y/M/N, how about you set Macy down and go get changed into something more comfortable?" I said to my wife, who was holding my newborn daughter's carrier in the crook of her arm. She smiled wearily, gently setting Macy down beside me and going to get changed. I looked at the newborn with love in my eyes. I gently unbuckled her and pulled her into my arms. She used her small hands to roam around my face, messing with different things. She grabbed my bottom lip, tugging at it. She seemed to examine my teeth as she did this. Then, she went on to my nose. Tugging at it, I gently moved her hand away. She gazed at me, almost angrily, before grabbing my nose again. "Macy, no baby, that hurts Daddy." She started to pout but quickly she discovered my hair.

A few minutes of painful hair pulling and gnawing on her fingers, I guess Macy was finally tired. She rested her had against my stomach, letting out a cute baby sigh. I smiled and stroked her almost bald head. She slightly tilted her head back to look up at me. I cooed. "Hi there bug." I saw her look at me and tug at a loose string on my shirt, before she burst into tears. I lifted her up to my shoulder, gently rocking her and rubbing her back until she stopped crying and went into a deep sleep.

A few hours later, I heard a few small whimpers coming from Macy's room. I walked into her room to see her eyes clenched shut and her squirming, almost on the brink of crying. I gazed at her before picking her up and cradling her to my chest, letting her cry her little heart out over a nightmare, I'm assuming. "Shh, baby, Daddy's here, Daddy's got you." She quieted down and I looked at her, making a face to make her happy. The edges of her mouth curled up into a smile and she cooed at me, smiling. I beamed and cuddled her to my chest more. I was the first one to get her to smile! That's going in the baby book for sure!!!!

••••••••••
Oh don't you just love it, Macy??