28 |

"Alright let's fucken do this..." Tyler stated, trying to sound badass. He whipped a knife from its holder and displayed it to me. "This is a knife."
"No shit." I replied, laughing afterwards. In one swift moment I was wrapped in Tyler's arm with the knife underneath my chin. I decided to stop laughing.
"By the end of today you're going to know how to use one. And I don't mean spreadin' butter. Okay?" I nodded, making him let go of me. I dropped to the floor but quickly stood back up. He walked away from me, holding the knife in his hand menacingly. I followed him from a distance, curious as to what he was doing. He raised his arm and flung the knife straight out. It made it's way to a tree and stuck completely in. Tyler then pulled another knife from his pocket and turned on his heels.

He flung it my way, making me duck. It went way over my head, and I watched as it took another tree. I was amazed, like damn. I stood back up, dusting my clothes off. "How many more knives do you have?" I asked a little worried. He showed me his empty hands, then walked over to one of the trees to collect the knives. I stood in place, waiting only a second or two for him to return. He handed them to me.
"I want you to hold the knife like you're about to stab someone." I held the knives in my hands with my wrists facing upwards. I looked up to him for approval. "Okay no. If you're going to stab someone you can't try and jab them when the knife is pointing up. Hold it the other way round."

He took the knife and replaced it in the hand, so the blade was facing the floor. "Your arms can be so much more flexible this way, and you can stab anywhere on the body. Holding them upwards only gives you the stomach, and even then they can stop you and break your wrist." I nodded in understanding. "Next step, try and stab me." I shook my head, no way was I going to stab him. He rolled his eyes. "I can dodge your attacks I'm sure..." He complained. I mumbled and okay and lifted my arm up to swing. As soon as my arm was on it's way down I was already swung around, so the attack was reversed on to me. He had managed to get me into a position where my arm was behind my back and he held the knife under my head. I didn't try to move, knowing either my arm would break or my throat would get cut.

"If I was you in this situation, I'd try kicking the opposition in the balls, unless it's a girl. If the balls don't work, give 'em a head butt or pull their pinkie backwards to release some grip." Before I could try to do one of them Tyler had already moved the knife and dropped me to the floor. I rolled on to my side and got back up, watching as Tyler spun the knife around his fingers. He offered it back to me, so I took it to take another stab at it. Get it, stab? I held it in the way that he showed me to and faked an attack. He stuttered to move, and gave me a smirk when he knew I had fooled him. I went for it again and he was slow to reply. One of my arms hooked around his shoulder and made his left arm useless. I went to dig the knife into his shoulder, which is when I realised something. The knife closed in on itself, showing it was fake.

I moved away from him and dropped the knife. "I would have got you then." I said, unsure of whether I was happy that I didn't stab him or disappointed that he didn't trust me with a real knife. He dusted himself off and looked at me.
"After yesterday's incident I don't exactly feel like letting you around sharp objects."
"Well Im going to have to use them someday, and I do what I want."
"Let's not get carried away.." He pulled another knife from his side. "Alright, you can try with this one. I'm not going easy on you this time." He said, gesturing for me to take the knife. I took a deep breath and attempted to twirl the knife like Tyler had previously. I ended up dropping it, and picking it up quickly again.

We both got into stance and I turned the knife so it faced the bottom. I went forward, which made Tyler move in response. I kicked him in the back of the knee and moved to behind him. I tried to put the knife to his back, but he caught my wrist and twisted it around. I flopped on to my back, but kept the knife hidden in my hands. Tyler looked confused as to where it went and looked around for it. I pulled it back out and went to put it against his chest carefully. His dumb vampire reflexes made him react and smack the knife away, it pressing against my hand as it did. "Ah fuck!" I shouted, grabbing my hand as it stung. Tyler walked over to the knife to go pick it up. He dropped it as soon as he saw the blood. "Oh shit." I mumbled. I saw Tyler's pupils grow in size as the smell and sight of blood was too much.

I stood up, sucking my hand to try and get rid of the blood. "Tyler I need to bandage this." I said, looking at his lost eyes. "Tyler." I repeated, catching his attention. He shook his head at me and started walking away to the bottom of the garden. I ran in to the house, calling for someone. Lui was first to hear me and walked over to see what had happened. "I cut my hand on the knife, and Tyler walked away." Lui didn't look at my cut, and went to get the first aid kit. He placed it on the table.
"You to need to learn how to do this yourself, so here's where we start."

~~~~

Hey,
Thank you for all the kind messages.
I really want to get into the good of this book, so ai will continue it.
I love you guys <3
1090 words