19 |

I only realised that my cheeks were wet from tears when Tyler touched them with his thumb. He wiped them away, changing back to his normal self. He shrank an inch and his slit eyes became round again. After he had wiped away the tear, he smiled, showing his normal teeth. I breathed a sigh of relief and watched as the rest of them turned to normal. Tyler turned to the rest of his friends and gestured for them to go. They nodded and walked back in to the house. Evan patted me on the shoulder as well as Marcel before walking off. Tyler looked back at me, sighing with relief. "You did so well." He admitted, sounding sweet. Although that soon changed. "For a fucking pussy. Now let's get inside and sleep." He demanded, pulling on my wrist. I guessed that I also didn't realise how weak I was until my face hit the floor.

Tyler looked down at me as I struggled to get back up. "We weren't that scary, give me a fucken' break." Tyler rolled his eyes, bending down to help me up. He eventually gave up and just carried me bridal style. I was a pussy, but you can't blame me for being one when there were six vampires circling you like prey. Even though I knew they weren't going to kill me, it just felt like it in the moment. Tyler carried me all the way back up to my room and tossed me on to my bed so violently that I rolled off the other side. I groaned and curled up in to a ball, not even attempting to get back up again. Tyler rolled his eyes and walked off, slamming the door shut. I lifted an arm up for the duvet and pulled it down on top of me. Although I had been sleeping all day, I didn't mind doing it some more.

----

I woke up with an incredibly painful backache. I groaned and rolled on to my side, looking at the window. I could see the sun, just peering over the trees in the forest. I rubbed my eyes and sat up, pressing my back into the bottom of the bed as to try and fix it. There was an orange tint to the sky, and no clouds to be seen. I breathed out, trying to wake myself up a little. My sleeping schedule was a little messed up since all I had done since I got to the Vanoss house was sleep. I then remembered where I was, and why I was here. I thought about the university, and all my friends, and how I wouldn't want to be kept here on my own. I picked myself up from the floor slowly, groaning as I felt my back click in several places.

I tossed my covers on to the bed and slipped on my shoes that were to the side of me. I then got an idea. I wandered back over to the window, taking a glance around. I saw the front garden, the gate still unlocked and open. Rookie mistake. I looked around the seems of my window, searching for a handle. There was one at the top, just out of an average person's reach. I huffed, but did not stand defeated. I took the chair that Tyler once sat on and positioned it against the window. I stood on top of it and pushed on the handle, only for it to be locked. "You have got to be kidding me." I mumbled under my breath, looking back to the floor. I stepped off of the chair carefully and looked around the room, attempting to avoid the creaky floorboards.

I searched all of the draws that were unlocked, not finding a single key. Of course not. I sighed and walked over to my bedroom door, pushing it open slowly. I peeked out in to the hallway, seeing no one was around. It was silent, indicating that the others were still asleep. I tiptoed my way to the other side of the hallway, trying the handle of the door opposite. It was unlocked, and slowly opened. I looked in, checking that it wasn't a bedroom. It was an office of some sort. More bookshelves and a computer to one side. There were a couple of draws that could have had some keys in, so I looked around as silently as I could. I then found some keys at the back of a drawer, all connected through a metal loop. "Come to papa." I whispered, picking them all up.

I held the keys close to my chest as I walked back to my room, closing doors on my way. I shoved a jumper under the duvet as a dummy for me, allowing me more time to escape. I wanted to go back, and live a normal life. It would mean having to receive a ton of homework to make up for what I was lacking, but it was worth it. "There's no place like home, there's no place like home..." I mumbled to myself as I got back up on to my chair. I fumbled through the keys, looking for some small enough to fit in the handle. I got to them in seconds, and started feeling the pressure. My hands began to shake more, but I eventually got it in. The handle unlocked and I could move it upwards. I pushed it, the window opening sideways for me. I smiled in achievement and looked out to see if there was somewhere to go from.

The first floor's roof was only a metre away, giving me a platform to jump on to. From there I could drop down to the garage roof, then on to the trash and through the gates. I got down from the chair and moved it away, then looking back to the window. I sat down and hung my feet over the edge, ready to go. "Did you really think it would be that easy?" Tyler spoke from behind me. I snapped my head around to see him stood with his arms folded. I huffed, but still went through with my plan.
"See ya bitch!"

~~~~

Hey,
Man this week has been the best thing ever.
I've actually caught up on sleep.
1056 words.