4 |

I sat on the end of the table, next to Anthony and Opposite Adam. Next to them was Max and Steven, then it continued with people I didn't really know. Some nicknames like 'Sham', 'Ohm', and 'Smithy' were passed around. I was paying more attention to the food on my plate rather than the conversations going on. I didn't dare think of what Adam was whispering to Max, since they were the gayest couple in school, and the most open. Anthony and Steven weren't gay, but they definitely acted like it. They denied that they were gay, but there could be some other kind of thing going on. A lot of people were gay, but it was just the society I was growing up in. Also, as Anthony had said earlier, there weren't many attractive girls. I was flicked in the head suddenly, making me turn to see Steven looking at me. "What?" I asked over the noise of the dining room.

"Some kids over there are staring at you." He replied, cocking his head in the direction of another table. I scanned the area, soon seeing my eyes lay upon the group of guys known as 'Vanoss'. I didn't want to stare back for too long, so I returned to face my plate. I heard their voices more clearly as they called the name 'Tyler' and whistled a few times. They were also laughing. "What do they want with you?" Steven asked mostly to himself.
"I don't know, who are they anyway?" I replied turning to face him. He finished the fork full of food in his mouth then leant one elbow on his chair to turn to me.
"They're like the school jocks or whatever." I rolled my eyes.
"They're fuckboys." Anthony added, giving a stern look in my direction.
"Well what do guys like that want to have with me?"
"Probably jealous of your rugby figure." He poked my chest, making me recoil.

"They all look fitter than me." I replied looking at myself.
"Well there's not much else to go for." Anthony laughed, nudging me.
"Gee thanks Ant." I grumbled, picking up my food again.
"You're smart too." Steven added in the background. I didn't bother to say something back, and looked back over at the table full of 'popular kids'. They were all talking, laughing, not a single one eating. The main six which I had seen before were the centre of the table, the farther down either end the less talking there was. It represented pretty well their personalities, just from seeing them. 'Tyler' intrigued me the most, probably because he was the only link I had to them all. Why Tyler in particular? Why was he the one that linked to me? And why not any other time? It had to happen at some stage I guess.

In the corner of my eye I noticed Tori and her friend. I looked over to try and wave at them. I soon realised all of their attention was also directed at the table full of populars. They stared coldly and acted like cats, almost hissing at them. I had never seen Tori so pissed off at another person, I had only seen her rage when playing phone games under the desk or pulling knots in her hair. Maybe it was because she was scene, or her friends didn't like popular kids? I wasn't that educated on school group cultures. I was interrupted from my stare as Adam stood up from his seat, blocking my vision. I looked up to see everyone on my table packing up and leaving. I also had no reason to stay.

I made it all the way to my dorm, alone too. Adam had wandered off with Max probably to make out some more. Anthony wanted to walk Steven to his dorm again, and Nick took another way from me. I was stopped at my door as someone pushed it shut as I tried to pull it open. I looked at the arm that was blocking me from entering and followed it all the way up to his face. Shit. Tall, muscular and pretty intimidating. He had a smirk on his face, and he used the door to lean up against sideways. "Hey there, name's Brock." He greeted, cocking his head back.
"H-hi." I replied, raising a small hand. I had to look up just to meet eyes.
"What's your name then?" He asked, his teeth showing through his smile.
"Craig." I muttered, stepping away from him a little. He raised his eyebrows.
"Where are you going Criag? I'm not done talking to you honey."
"Enough, Brock." A third voice boomed in to the conversation.

I turned around to see the one and only Tyler that I could seem to escape, walking in my direction. He stood next to me, slightly taller than me again. He didn't match the height of 'Brock' but he matched in strength by the looks of it. His fists were clenched, and he refused to look in my direction. Brock got off of the door and matched his position. They looked as if they were about to fight. Their eyes flickered different colours in the dim light. "Come on we were just getting to know each other." Brock replied, folding his arms. Tyler let out a long breath of air through his nose, loud enough for us all to hear. He stepped closer.
"It's over, get lost." Brock took a step back, not wanting to leave me. One last glare from Tyler made him leave, turning his back.
"I'll see you around," Brock grinned at me.

I let a sigh of relief, but soon realised I was burdened with the person who had been all over me since the start of the day. I slowly looked over at him, seeing he was still watching Brock walk down the corridor. As soon as he was out of sight, he relaxed and turned to look at me. He caught me staring, awkward... I turned away quickly, although he had already noticed. "Do you want me to walk you back to your room?" Tyler offered out if the silence, making me look back at him.
"I'm actually already here." I replied, putting a hand on the door.
"Oh. See you then." He stammered, watching me walk through the door.
"Bye." I replied, turning and shutting the door.

~~~~

Hey,
Happy new year
<3