Part 16

Taylor's POV

"Chloe, you have a visitor," the same sheriff from yesterday came in and said.

"Is it Drew?" Chloe asked the sheriff with disgust.

"Yes," he answered.

"Then tell him he can go-"

"Okay I get the memo, I'll tell him to leave," he said cutting her off before she got livid.

When the cop left our cell, I turned to Chloe and asked,

"Sorry to ask, but who's Drew?"

She look at me blank faced. Almost as if she forgot I was in the room.

"Umm, no one," she said obviously lying.

"I was just asking because my dad who died in the military was named Drew," I said with a giggle, but that giggle slowly faded when I saw Chloe wasn't laughing. If anything she looked guilty.

"It's him isn't it. Please tell me if it is," I tell her seriously.

"It's him," she said in a murmur.

Without second guessing my actions I bang on my jail cell door. I guess a sheriff heard me banging and opened the door for me.

"What do you need ma'am?" He asked in a southern accent.

"I need to see my father, he is in the meeting room. I need to go before it's too late," I said rushed.

"I'm sorry lady, I'm afraid I can't-"

Then I ran out past him down the hallway. I opened the door, only to see my father. I never realized how similar we looked. He turned to face me, and when he did his mouth dropped to the floor.

"T-taylor?" He stuttered in utter shock.

"Hi Dad," I told him with a smile. I should be mad about him lying about his death, but I'm just so ecstatic to see him.

"Where's Chloe?" He had the nerve to ask me.

"She doesn't want to see you, what's up with you guys anyways?" I asked with pure confusion.

"She is the daughter of one of my old military buddies," he said as he looked me in the eyes.

"Why would you randomly visit her, but not your own daughter?" I asked him getting pissed. I hate being lied to.

"We used to live together Taylor. Where do you think I was hiding?" He asked.

"Why did you leave me in that awful home anyways? Was I not good enough for you?" I questioned him.

Authors note
Oovoo cliff hanger! Please vote and comment ❤️