Part 15

Taylor's POV

Ever since Chloe came back from her visitor, she has been acting very strange. She hasn't talked to me and ah is avoiding me. I'm starting to wonder if maybe Stella visited her and changed her mind about me.

I'm just not going to bother her, I don't want to make the situation worse.

Chloe's POV

Some old wounds never truly heal, and bleed again at the slightest word.

Even though I have tried everything to keep my distance from him, he always seems to come back.

We started dating when I was 18, I'm 20 now. I kept on dancing with the devil that now he won't let me go, I'm possessed.

Flashback
On my 19th birthday I went to a friends part with Drew as my date. I was a virgin at the time and planned to be till marriage. Drew was getting mad at me and wanted to have sex. He came over to give me a drink, that I later found out was drugged. He was taping me at the party flopping around because I was so doped up.

He brought me to the bedroom and laid me on the mattress. He then ripped my pants off. I kept telling him 'no' and to stop, but he didn't listen. He thrusted inside me forcefully and looked to my right and saw a night table. On the night table there was a knife. I hurried up and grabbed the knife, then stabbed in his stomach. I then ran out of the party forgetting that my pants were down. After that day, I was slut shamed relentlessly. Even when I came out and said what happened. They told me I shouldn't have drank, I shouldn't have went to the bedroom, I shouldn't have worn promiscuous clothing, and the worst of all 'I shouldn't care he is my boyfriend give him what he wants'. That's why I'm the one in the jail cell and not that monster.

Removing toxic people in your life is actually not the difficult part. Not feeling guilty about it is. Every one made me feel like I did something wrong that night.
End of flashback

I look under my bed and see a letter I ripped from him. I looked to see his mail address so I could send him a letter back. I started to write him a letter so he knows how I feel.

You said to me once, "There will be no one who'll love you like I will."

You were wrong.

I love myself more than you ever did.

I was satisfied by my letter so I licked the envelop and dropped it at the mail box.

I really hope I win this case, not only to get out of jail but I want revenge. The best revenge is to move on, get over it, and continue to succeed. Never give someone the satisfaction of watching you suffer.

Everyone thinks they know me, and my story. People think I'm an open book, when in reality I'm one of those books with a lock, but see the key has been destroyed and the book is buried deep underground. I'm a mystery no one knows me, not even I do.

I'm trying to reinvent myself, because while I was with Drew I was trying so hard to be his dream girl. I am still trying to figure out which parts of my personality are mine and which ones are create to please him.

Authors note
This is kinda a Chloe chapter just so you get some background on her. Please vote and comment ❤️