Him

Lifeline hospital Patient's ward

     22.3.2016

     2.31 a.m.

                                           "Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder"

But how can someone be so beautiful that every guy who passes by her is smitten by her beauty, and every guy who strikes up a conversation with her is in awe of her intelligence, and every guy who gets into a feud with her is dumbstruck by her boldness.

Anamika, the girl of everyone's dreams. She is by far the gorgeous, cool – headed, bold, witty girl ever seen. From seniors to juniors to lecturers everyone has an unspoken crush on her.

So it isn't suprising if I say I too admire her.

We have been batchmates since our kindergarten. Same school, same tuition centres, same intercollege competitions, same university, now same workspace.

During the course of six years of medicine many things had changed , but my feelings for her remained the same. What I felt for her wasn't some stupid crush that was to fade away in a couple of years. It was a wish carved out in my mind and heart over the years.

Now working as fellow doctors in the same hospital amid the bizarre work routine, terrible night shifts and horrible canteen food I just wish that someday I would be bold enough to express my heart's wish...