Chapter 4 *Jacob Sartorius*

"This is Jacob Sartorius," smiled Mrs. Whitticker.

I gaped. He didn't seem to notice, but smiled warmly to me.

"Jacob, this is Carter," she looked at me in confusion.

"I know who he is," I finally got out in a mumble. I was shocked- amazed. What was he doing here?

"Hm?" Mrs. Whitticker asked.

"N-nothing," I said. Hate boiled in my mind. I could've threw a ton of shade on him right there but I resisted.

"Well... I'll let you two talk." She said. Jacob walked over with that white toothed smile. Macho...

"Hi, I'm Jacob." He said.

"I know." I said, gripping my table. "Every girl knows who you are."

"Oh, are you a fan?" He asked, his eyes lighting up.

"Um, no." I mumbled under my breath.

"Huh?" He asked.

I cleared my throat. "I wouldn't consider myself as that..." I said in a regular tone.

He looked kind of disappointed. "Oh." Yeah yeah yeah, you're a great actor, we get it. I turn coldly.

He stood uneasily, before saying, "um... So... I guess you'll be my tour guide?"

I tried to be nice. I was just sick and tired of him. He always posted those 'never met a girl like you' quotes that always tear every girl up. He's got millions of girls obsessed with him and he's single and never replies to their comments or follows them or anything.

Hollywood. So... Hollywood.

I put the rest of my things in my locker- only to find out his locker was right under mine. I made a note to not close my water bottle so it would 'accidentally' spill into his.

"Let's go," I say. "We should tour the 7th grade  hall first. Then we can tour the 8th grade and rest of the school."

Jacob nodded. I walked by Mrs. Scarlet's room. "Wait... What's your schedule?"

"I have Whitticker 1st period, Harris 2nd period, Davis 3rd period, lunch, scarlet 4th period. Then I have band and then PE." He said, glancing at his paper. I tensed but kept walking. Unbelievable. I had every class with him. Why me? Every other girl would die. Just then the bell rang, and kids poured out of the gym doors. A few mouths dropped and girls began whispering. Jacob tapped me on the shoulder. I turned but my friend walked up.

"I tried to text you," said Lauren. "I was gonna tell you about..." She glanced at Jacob.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm missing 2 classes, it's worth it." I sighed.

"Just sayin," she said. "Well I better get to class. Cya."

Then I turned to Jacob. "Yeah?"

"Um... Can we go," he said, glancing up the hall, where a whole group of 10 girls had stopped and was staring, taking a few steps toward him.

"Uh, yeah sure. Let's wait until the tardy bell rings- you need to use the bathroom?" I asked.

I don't think he did, but he took the excuse to lose attention.

I didn't know why the thought has crossed my mind, but I thought his red cheeks were kind of cute. I guess a phone screen couldn't capture that part. It made him look... Adorable, like a small child.

Then the tardy bell rang. Mrs. Richburg, the gym teacher, came out of the gym and headed for the locker rooms. The 8th graders began to pour out into the halls for their first class: gym. Don't ask me why eighth graders have gym first. In my opinion, it should be 6, 7, 8. But it's he opposite way. So most of the hormonal 8th graders always stink the rest of the day- which thankfully, most of them have deodorant.

But for some, it doesn't make a difference.

"What are you doing, Carter?" Asked Mrs. Richburg. I flashed her my hall pass.

"Oh, Mrs. Richburg." Jacob just exited the bathroom as the last few strangling eighth graders entered the locker rooms. "This is our new student, Jacob Sartorius," I said his name, trying to make that name sound normal. How was I supposed to make THAT name sound normal though.

"Nice to meet you, Jacob," smile Mrs. Richburg. "Welcome to our school. We hope you like it here."

"I do too," he smiled.

"Play any sports?" She asked.

"Basketball," he replied. Basketball...? He played basketball...? Well, he does look sort've athletic..

Mrs. Richburg nodded. "We have a team, you know," she smiled. He nodded. Then Mrs. Richburg went into the girls locker room.

I turned to Jacob. "You want to meet the male gym teacher now?"

"Sure," he said. I went to the boys locker rooms and knocked on the door. When it opened I looked away.

"Our new student," i said to one of the boys.

Jacob looked at me.

"What? I can't go in there." I said. "You'll have to. Go introduce yourself."

He uneasily went in. I smiled and lifted my eyebrow.