Chapter 1 *Sartorius*

"Why does everybody like him..." I spat as I stared at his Musica.lys over my friends shoulder, as that's all she ever watches. I didn't know who was worst. Jacob Sartorius or Mark Thomas.

"Because he's cute and funny and sweet." Breathed Jenna. She was hopeless.

"He's Hollywood. And Gay." I said.

"How could you," she said with a raised eyebrow.

"She's right," laughed Zayn, my friend.

"I wish Magcon would just come here!" She sighed. "I can't wait for it..."

"There's a Magcon in San Fran?" Asked Zayn. Jenna nodded. Zayn's eyes got wide. "So some of those cute Internet chicks wills be there?"

"And all the girls going to see Jacob and Mark," said Jenna. "I'm going-" she looked at me. "And I've got an extra ticket, maybe for a friiiiennnnd..."

Was she was referring to me? Surely not, she knew me better. "I'll go," Zayn volunteered.

"You realize the only people that go to Magcon are girls, right?" I asked.

"More girls?" Zayn asked. "Like, hot girls?"

"'Hot girls' who only want the person they went to see. Blake Gray, Jacob Sartorius... Those kind of guys." I say.

"Oh," Zayn looked sort've disappointed. His blue eyes drifted to the floor and his black hair fell over his eyes.

I stared at him in awe. I'd never admit it, but I sort've liked Zayn. We'd been on and off again for almost a year now, and I still wish we could just stay together.

"Don't give the floor that look," Jenna accused Zayn. "She didn't do anything to you."

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"The smolder," laughed Jenna. "Put it away before you hurt somebody." Jenna had a crush on him to. I wanted to tell her he was mine, but for now he wasn't. We texted and called each other all the time, sometimes using the 😍😘❤️ emojis. But I knew Jenna liked him, and with her blonde hair, brown eyes, and braces, I was viewing one of my friends as a threat until Zayn and I got back together.

I know, I know. Sisters before misters. But, for Zayn I can make an exception.

Just then Adrianna came over. "Sup Zayn," she greeted him before sitting down beside Jenna. Zayn took a seat next to me and my heart started beating. I looked at the table, at the food in front of me, the gross pizza from the cafeteria.

"Are you gonna eat that?" Asked Adrianna.

"Umm..." I said. "No. It tastes like rubber."

"More like silly putty," laughed Zayn, as I pushed the pizza over to Adrianna. Then Lauren sat next to Jenna. Lauren was my bestest friend. Then, here comes Jylian, all coming in at once. We all greeted each other mindlessly and started talking about what had happened today and how stupid we thought our class assignments were. I looked down at the brown table, as Zayn began to question Lauren about why she hated Math class. He did this everyday, and Lauren always had the same answers. He only did it to annoy her, because just thinking about math class made her want to puke.

We all laughed at her response and her stink eye towards Zayn. Then Zayn looked at me, smiled that white-toothed smile, and began telling me about how much he loved annoying her.

"It's because you like herrrr," Adriana teased. I tensed. Lauren didn't like Zayn, as far as I knew, and Zayn didn't like Lauren.

Zayn didn't reply. Then he slowly turned back to me and changed the subject to this summer, and embarrassing stories about him and his brother at the beach. I was still tense, because I liked Zayn. Like... A lot. We had been friends. Then boyfriend and girlfriend for about 3 months. And then exes and then couple and then exes and couple and now we were both exes again. I don't know how long I've been wanting to be a couple again, but I honestly think he doesn't like me anymore.

"Oooh," Adriana said. I tried to her annoy her and clinched my fists.

Zayn was mine... Or at least I wanted him to be. Then Zayn smiled at me again, and said, "so what about you? What are you going to do this Summer?"

"Go to the beach, chill, hang with my cousins... The usual summer. We were going to go out west, but a few things came along and busted it up. I'm going to camp... Same things I always do."

"I bet I can beat you at Battlefront..." He smirked.

"Star Wars Battlefront? Nope, I always win. You know it." I laughed.

Jenna looked back down to Jacob Sartorius' Musica.lys. "Oh no. First from Zayn, and now from him. Smolder, smolder, smolder." She had the start struck eyes she only got when she was watching him.

Little did I know, Jenna and I would soon have a lot to be jealous of each other for.