Chapter 2 *News and Whats*

Soon enough the day was over. I went home, did homework, texted Zayn, and went skateboarding. Just like any other evening. Then I went to bed and sadly before I knew it, the next morning came: Tuesday. I groaned as my mom called me to get up, mad about having to go to school.

"Why is school 5 days a weeeek..." I groaned, pulling my covers over my head. Sadly, pulling covers over my head doesn't stop the sun from rising.

Wish it did. I should run for president, and only make 5 and a half hours of school, so we get 30 extra minutes of sleep- because honestly, 30 extra minutes is all I need. Well, maybe 45.

I got my clothes on, an American Eagle sweatshirt and tan shorts. I got my stuff ready, ate breakfast, which was Oatmeal today, and jumped in my moms car.

When I got to school, I found Lauren, Jenna, Jylian, and Adrianna and we walked to class together as always. At lockers we exchanged a few words about how much we wish we didn't have homework, and then went to first period/homeroom- which I thankfully shared with all of them, unlike the rest of my schedule, which I had no friends in my other classes- except Zayn and Jylian in 2nd period and Jenna in 4th period. But it wouldn't have mattered, because no matter how many classes you have together, unless it's gym or electives, you can't talk unless you have group projects.

"Good morning, guys," announced Mrs. Whitticker. "Tomorrow we are welcoming a new student."

"What's his name?" Asked Alexander.

"Jacob," Mrs. Whitticker replied. Jenna shot me a look and I rolled my eyes. Any 'J' name reminded her of Jacob Sartorius.

"Cool," Alex said.

"Why are we just now finding out?" Asked Lauren.

Usually we got new student news 2 or 3 days in advance, this was only 1 day in advance. They hadn't even got anything ready.

"Because he's been quite busy, and he wanted to keep it hush-hush." Mrs. Whitticker announced. "Now let's get started. Today we will be reviewing plot, details, types of conflict, diagrams, and tracking reading habits."

I didn't really listen after that, but Zayn and I were passing notes.

This is so boring -Zayn
Ikr, it's school -Carter
What's for lunch? -Zayn
Nachos if ur eating school lunch -Carter
The one good thing on the menu -Zayn
Ikr -Carter
And it's not even a real meal. I mean how hard can it be to pour canned salsa and canned cheese on top of plain bagged chips -Zayn
Is that how they make salsa? It comes out of a can? -Carter
Well DER, you think they actually make it? -Zayn
That explains the metallic taste -Carter

That's the kind of notes we always write. We're almost like a well-oiled machine when we talk or write. Always saying/writing the right things to make each other laugh, or to make a follow-up joke.

Soon enough it was lunch, and we all sat down. Jenna, of course, was deciding which 'Sartorius Selfie' to make her wallpaper.

Then she went on watching a bunch of jerk-like guys on Musica.ly and Vine. I mean seriously? There names were: Jacob Sartorius, Mark Thomas, Cameron Dallas, Hunter Rowland, Aaron Carpenter.

I rolled my eyes. What is with all these fangirls and obsessing over boys. I found it creepy. Some girls had pictures of them that they printed off the computer that they found on Google ON THEIR WALLS. They make it their phone home screen. They draw them. They turn post notifications for them on, so that everytime they post a Musica.ly, picture, vine, it tells them so they can go and be 'little miss stalker' and watch them. It's weird. Also, there are girls going to Magcon, just to meet them. Magcon! Those tickets are like concert tickets. I don't get it.

But soon I would...

Hey guys. It's the author- I know, I know, boring authors note. But PLEASE DONT SKIP THIS NOTE!!!

I recently got a new vine, @josieallred so please check it out. Also my Musica.ly is @itznotjosie so check that out too.

Thanks!!
-the author