Shattered .XXIV

The first thing that Newt did when he got back to the dorm was grab the letter off his cork board. He held it close to his chest as he started crying silently.

He put it down gently on his desk and then started screaming. He grabbed anything he could reach and threw it, posters on his side of the room were torn up, pillows whipped against the other wall and textbooks thrown on the ground. Looking at the mess he sunk down to the floor and sobbed into his knee caps.

"I need you Tommy, I need you so badly," he sniffled and he rubbed his eyes.

Suddenly the dorm door swung open and the person standing there froze, "Newt?"

Newt looked up at Gally, "I'm sorry," he managed to say then burst out into tears again.

"Newt, hell, what happened?" Gally dropped to his knees next to the boy and started rubbing his arm, "did you and Thomas break up?"

Newt made a noise and bunched up his fists as he sobbed harder.

"What happened?" Gally asked softly, worry lacing his voice.

"We didn't break up. Tommy...he's gone Gally," Newt wiped at the hot tears that streamed down his face.

"Are you serious? What happened?" Gally instantly felt guilty, he was never the nicest to Thomas but he definitely didn't want him dead.

"He went into..i-into c-cardiac a-arrest whe-when h-he w-as running," Newt ran his fingers across the sleeves of the hoodie he was wearing, Thomas' hoodie.

"Newt, I'm so sorry," Gally was in pure shock, he's heard of that happening but didn't think it was possible to happen to someone he knew.

"I loved him, I loved him so much and now my heart feels like it's been ripped out," Newt said as he slowly stood up.

He grabbed the letter again and sat on his bed, his back against the wall. He lightly tore at the envelope and pulled out the lined paper, he smiled at Thomas' messy handwriting and started reading.

Dear my perfect little kitten Newt,

I made you wait for this letter and it isn't all that great but I was honestly a little scared for you to read it. By now we have been dating for half a year, 6 whole months you let me love you. That's the best gift you ever could give me. I could write a book about the things I love about you but I'll shorten it to one word, everything. Of course I think you're the hottest human I've ever laid eyes on...well except maybe myself (KIDDING)...I also love who you are inside, that's why I fell so hard for you. Don't ever tell Minho I'm being this cheesy, I'll never hear the end of it.
I try and spend every second with you because when I'm with you everything just feels better, I don't know. I really hope I can spend the rest of my life with you, past relationships I've had never meant to me as much as you do. My mom texts me daily, asking when you're coming back. She adores you. I should probably stop rambling now...you get the point. I meant what I said at your house, I want to be the last guy you take home. No this isn't a marriage proposal but more of a promise, a promise that I'm always gonna be here no matter what.
Okay now this is to serious and I'm getting emotional so I love you little kitten, happy 6 months you dork <3

-Tommy

Newt read over the letter 5 times, it made him smile through his tears.

"Gally, I'm gonna go see Minho. I think I need to be with him right now," Newt said softly.

"Do what you need to do kid, and look I'm sorry. I was an asshole before, I'm over whatever happened and I really didn't hate Thomas."

Newt gave him a small smile and then disappeared out the door.