Suddenly, my vision blacks out as something is placed over my eyes. "Guess who," is whispered in my ear.

            I can't help the amused smile that makes it's way onto my face. "I know it's you, Griff."

            He removes his hands from my eyes and I'm greeted with the gift of sight again. He circles from where he was behind me and gives me a grin.

            I try to grin back, but I'm too busy staring at him.

            Damn, does he clean up well.

            His waves are styled as usual, but paired with a tux, they look even more dashing than they normally do. Somehow, his grey eyes are standing out even in the dim light of the gym and his eyelashes look even longer. It's not fair.

            "You smell good," is all I manage to say. It's true. He smells slightly like cinnamon, which is heavenly, but that didn't mean I needed to say it. Cue the embarrassment.

            Griff laughs. "Thank you, I tried." Another slow song must've started up because many couples start migrating towards the dance floor once again, but I can't hear anything other than Griffyn's voice. "Hey, do you want to dance?"

            I don't hesitate to nod.

            He takes my hand and leads me out onto the dance floor. Coincidentally, we stop near where Carolina and Wes are dancing. Carolina sees the two of us and instead of giving me a simple thumbs up, she makes an inappropriate gesture, causing me to blush and laugh lightly.

            Griff places his hands on my hips and I lock mine around his neck. It's slightly more awkward this year for me to do so because I'm aware of my feelings for him, but he seems to be comfortable and confident as usual.

            It's not too far into the song when he pulls me even closer, then starts singing, starting to fill the tradition. He doesn't know half the words so pretty soon he stops before he has me laughing so hard I can't stand any longer.

            "Hey," Griff says.

            "Hi," I respond.

            Griff smirks shifting his hands around on my waist as we sway. The butterflies in my stomach have yet to decrease.

            "Where's Alesha?" I ask, bringing her up finally. The fact that I haven't seen her yet has been nagging me.

            "I don't know," Griff says, shocking me.

            "How do you not know? She's your date!"

            Griff shakes his head and smiles at me. "No, you're my date."

            "What?"

            "Alesha felt guilty for asking me to the dance and I didn't want to break our tradition. Mutual agreement was for just going separate," Griff states like it's nothing. "I mean, come on. I can't just go with you every year since I was a sophomore and then not take you my senior year."

            I nod, feeling like a charity case because of the way he put it. "Glad you felt guilty enough to take me."

            Griff's mouth hangs open like a fish. "That's not what I meant! Carson, I meant that I wanted to go with you. Since the beginning. I made a mistake by saying yes to Alesha in the first place."

            Feeling slightly better, I just lean my head against his shoulder as he leads us in circles for the remainder of the song.

            Once the slow song finally comes to an end, we back away from each other almost reluctantly.