Chapter Twenty

ORIGINALLY WRITTEN: MAY 8TH, 2016

CHAPTER TWENTY

            I wake to find no one beside me and the only thing I can do is panic.

            So I do.

            And then I hear sounds coming from the kitchen and all my worry fades away in an instant.

            He's still here, I tell myself as the tension recedes. He's still here.

            I turn off the alarm on my phone, which was the reason for waking me up at six forty-five in the morning and make my way to the kitchen. I find Griffyn at the stove, making breakfast shirtless. I stand in the doorway in between the living room and the kitchen, staring at his muscular back, not really wanting the view to end.

            Is this what I'm going to resort to now? Am I going to just steal glances of him whenever I can? Well I've done it before, but only because I've always known he's had a nice body, but after all the workouts he seemed to have done over the summer, he now has an extremely nice body. And of course, it's now that I've really started to have feelings for the guy.

            "Are you going to keep staring at me or are you going to come over here and eat the breakfast I made for you?" Griffyn asks with his back to me. I startle and gape at him, wondering how he knew that  I was right here staring at him.

            "I was not staring," I mutter, willing my cheeks not to heat up as I walk over to him and take the plate of eggs and bacon and sausage that he holds out.

            Griff glances back at me when I take the plate from his grasp and smirks. "Right. I'll pretend I believe that, just for your sake."

            "Gee, thanks," I say with a roll of my eyes. He snorts and I turn to go sit at the kitchen table to eat my breakfast. Though, my eyes stray to him the instant after I sit. I watch him move around the kitchen comfortably as he makes his own breakfast, admiring him for the second time this morning.

            "Okay," he says suddenly, stopping at the counter and turning around to lean against it while looking at me with a goofy grin. "I gave you a warning and you're still staring at me."

            "Yeah," I start, trying to come up with something not lame to answer with. "Well it's not like I have anything else to watch and it's amazing how you know where every thing is. You move so fast."

            Griff snorts and turns back to the stove to move around the sausage links. "It's not really that amazing. I know your house like the back of my hand. I practically live here."

            I can't exactly disagree with him so I just shrug to his back and watch as he puts the rest of the food onto a plate then moves the dishes over to the sink and starts washing them.