Chapter Eight

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Ha! Your grandma predicted! Sweetly I know." she laughed and tied her hair back into a ponytail.

"Let's get started then. Now give me a minute or two."

The silence got me thinking, do I want this to happen? Do I really wanna know? I looked over at Nathan who was watching me with a small smile. Do I really wanna find out if we are supposed to be together?

He's been so protective and caring of me... Plus I knew well enough Nathan wouldn't use me for sex because he knows I wouldn't let him. Gosh! I'm such a jerk! Being mad at him just because of a phone call from someone.

I looked him in the eyes, "Nathan-."

"Alright! I got it!" Mindy smiled as she opened her eyes.

I sat there, well it's kinda too late to apologize now.

"You guys shouldn't be married." she smiled.

"W-What?" Nathan stuttered as he leaned in to listen in more.

"You make a horrible future together. It's just not right! You two shouldn't be together. I don't know what your grandmother was thinking but you two as a pair, huh." she snorted.

"There's nothing you could do with the future. What I said is what will be done." she got up and headed to the door of the office, "I'll let you two think."

As she closed the door I looked at Nathan. He was no longer smiling or even looking at me. He was slouched on his chair and was looking at the floor emotionless.

"So that's it." I spoke, trying to break the silence.

He shook his head fiercely, "It can't be! I mean we like each other I mean what is that there?"

"Nothing." I said looking down.

"What? What do you mean by that?"

"The whole arranged marriage thing got us both thinking. Of course we'll start thinking we like each other but come on. We didn't want this in the first place." I explained looking at him in the eyes again.

He jaw clenched and he closed his eyes. He opened them quickly and yanked the door open leaving me in the room alone.

"Well he didn't take that well." Mindy said as she came inane sat down where Nathan was.

I laughed humorlessly, "Yeah."

"It's alright dear. Things happen for a reason."

"I know. Thank you." I said as I got up and handed her 50 dollars.

"Bless you dear." she said eyeing the money and taking it without hesitation.

I walked out the door with a broken heart. I shouldn't have let this happen... But then we wouldn't know the truth. What if me and Nathan did get married and somethin bad happenend. I guess everything does happen for a reason. After this everything will be back to normal. He'll be the popular player and I'll be that girl he once knew.

I walked back to the hotel slowly, taking my time. I honestly didn't want to face him now. But I couldn't hide for long.

I was just at the parking lot when I saw Nathan with our bags he walked to where we had parked the car and opened the trunk throwing everything inside it carelessly. He spotted me in the distance and waited for me as I walked towards him.

"Were leaving, I signed us out. Now get in the car so we can catch our flight." he said his eyes red like he'd been crying. His hair was all messy like he'd been running his hand through it so many times.

We both got into the car without another word.

"Did you really mean that earlier?" he asked suddenly.

"Huh?"

"That there was really nothing between us? That you didn't even think about it when your parents told you?"

"Just leave it alone."

"No. Tell me something, do you want us to be together?"

"But the lady-."

"I don't care what the lady said Lilly! I want to know what you want! I want to know what you need. Do you want us to be together?" he asked again and this time he looked at me and away from the road.

I had to lie to him, "No." I spoke and turned away from his face. I watched as the red light turned green and the car started moving again.

I sighed, I had to lie. If I said yes then I know he would have done anything to get us together and that would be bad, like Mindy said, we were horrible together. She was the psychic so of course she would know what's best for us.

We got to our flight in time but when we ordered our ticket we ordered it separately. I'm guessing he didn't want to sit with me.

We got onto the plane and once I found my seat I looked over at Nathan and he was only 3 rows from me. I sat next to the window just as the plane took off. I said goodbye to everything amazing that happened in Australia.

I plugged in my head phones and sobbed softly. I guess it's too late to do anything now.

*

Kay she's making the same mistakes girls do when they like a guy. She lies and she thinks it's 'best' for them. Poor Nathan.

Next chapter will be a POV of Nathan and how he's coping with everything when they get back from Australia.

Vote and Comment <3