Chapter Sixteen

I find Hermione and we settle in a cabin which thankfully wasn't too hard to find. We put our stuff away and wait. Soon I hear the trains engine and feel the motions of the cars begin.

Not too long into the ride Hermione puts down her book and looks over at me. "You're being awfully quite," she points out.

"You were reading," I defend, obviously not well enough because she replies too quickly.

"You should be rambling on about your visit, the Clementine I've gotten to know doesn't ever seem to care if I'm reading or not." She replies in a matter-of-fact sort of way.

"Mum's getting married." I look at her with my sad eyes and her's go wide.

"What?"

"Yeah, I'm happy for her but what about Dad. . ." I look down at my hands and grab and twist them.

"Oh, well do you know the guy?" she looks at me hopeful.

"I do actually. I've told you about Magus and Henry, right?"

"You have."

"Well Mum and their dad are the one getting married."

"Well aren't you happy? They've been friends for years and you know the guy!"

"But dad. . ."

My mind goes back to when Mum told me. It had just been me and her sitting in the room I was sharing with Ginny.  Mum had come in and pulled me into a hug. Somehow I had known something was up.

"What's wrong?" I had asked.

"Nothing, my love. I have happy news. It's been something I've been meaning to share with you for a while but I haven't found time to spend with you alone in order to tell you." I had been getting tired of her procrastinating so I gave her a glare to push her along. "Okay, okay," she had said, a huge happy smile on her face. "Roger and I are getting married!"

"What?" I had yelped.

"May and Henry are going to be your step siblings." She has smiled, obviously expecting this to make me happy as well.

"Mum," I had whined.

"What, dear?"

"What about Dad?"

"Dad's dead, it's been a long time. I've moved on and so should you. We have to find happiness."

I come back to reality to find tears streaming down my face. "Dad," I whisper. "Daddy," I cry remembering the man who raised me and who had died tragically one night at the hands of Roger. "He killed him." I whisper to Mione, "He was driving, Mum, Dad Roger, and Lucy were in the car that night. He killed them, he killed Dad and Lucy." I cry.

"No he didn't," Mione soothes. "It's wasn't his fault it was the other driver."

"How would you know!" I snap, tears blurring my vision.

"Because if it was Roger, he would be in jail right now, but he's not." She pulls me into a hug trying to soothe my tears.

"You're a good friend, Mione," I hiccup.

"As are you."

I hate that this is so short but I felt I owe it to you guys I wish it were longer but I hope you enjoy it.