Chapter Three

Hugh decided to be a nice brother, like he normally is, and walk with me back to the Gryffindor Common room.

Looking over at Hugh I take in his sandy hair and his tan skin. How did I make it so far without even thinking twice about how much I don't look like Mum, or Hugh, or even Quin. I should probably thank Henry for his little prank, but in all reality he flipped my entire world up side down.

"Are you okay, Clem?" Hugh's voice echoes in my head as I look up and meet his crystal eyes.

"Yeah," I sigh, clasping my hands together to keep me from anxiously picking at my already badly bitten nails.

I feel Hugh's arm go around my shoulders and pull me closer to him. "Don't lie to me," he whispers kissing the top of my head.

"How do you always know?"

"Because, you're a terrible lier." He shakes his head and his way too long hair falls into his eyes.

"Why did Henry have to do all this?" I ask, really speaking out to no one particular.

"What do you mean?"

"Henry did all of this. May told him not to but he would never listen to her. I wish he had." My eyes start to fill with tears and I shake my head.

"I don't think this will be all that bad. You still have me and Mum and Quin. You will always have us, nothing will ever change, you are family."

I lean into Hugh as Percy stops in front of a portrait of a fat lady. "Why did we stop?"

"This is the entrance to our common room and dormitories." I nod my understanding and turn to hug my brother tight.

"I love you, Hugh. You're the best brother a girl could ask for."

"Don't say that quite yet," he scolds, "you just gained six new brothers even if only two of them know yet."

"Oh shut up," I laugh, lightly hitting his arm.

When we walk through the entrance to our common room I can't help but stop and stare.

"What where you're going!" some kid yells.

"It's so amazing." I gasp taking in all the red and gold and how everything fit together so perfectly.

"Welcome to your new home." Hugh laughs, amused at my amazement. "You are such a strange child."

I spin in my spot and suddenly feel sleep drag on my consciousness as I start to feel dizzy. "I think I need to go to bed." I state. I look at a spinning Hugh as I stumble trying to keep my balance.

"Okay, silly one." Hugh pulls me into a tight hug and wishes me goodnight.

"Goodnight, Hugh." I reply as I stumble my way towards the girls dormitory, probably looking like I'd drunken a bottle of firewiskey.

Suddenly as I place my hand on the handle to the first year's dormitory it hits me how alone I really am. Fear strikes my heart and my eyes start to water again. "Why was I placed in Gryffindor?" I speak aloud.

"I don't know, why where you?" a voice behind me speaks.

Startled I turn to face the speaker and see the same crazy haired girl who was talking about Hogwarts: A History in the Great Hall earlier. "I'm Hermione Granger, and you are?" she speaks with a smile on her face.

"I- I'm Clem-" I cut myself off. Do I say Weasley? No, I shouldn't. "I'm Clementine Miller." I shyly smile back.

Her smile only grows as she walks in our dormitory with me following. "Well, Clementine, you were obviously place in Gryffindor for a reason. There is no reason to fret, the sorting hat is almost never wrong."

"Almost," I point out glumly.

I jump, remembering I forgot my trunk on the train. "My trunk!"

The girl, Hermione, laughs and shakes her head making her afro of curls shake wildly. "They've already been brought up. See," I follow her finger as she points at the foot of each bed and I see a trunk seated perfectly at the end of each bed.

"It's been a long day," I grumble, walking over to my trunk seeing my name etched into the top in gold. "Well, goodnight." I mutter as I crawl into the bed, sinking deep within the sheets. Before I know it I've slipped way into the darkness of my dreams.

{>·<}

Bright light coming from an open window blinds me awake. Slowly I open my eyes only to quickly shut them and throw a pillow over my head.

I groan inwardly knowing I need to get up. It's probably early afternoon by now knowing me. Slowly, I sit up, dreading the day to come. Looking around I notice all the other beds neatly made and empty. Of course.

I throw my feet over the side of my bed and flinch at the cold floor beneath me. I fight the urge to put my feet back under the warm comforter and drift back into dreamworld.

For the first time I take in my dormitory. There are few beds and each and everyone canopies with red and gold decorating them.

Walking over to my trunk I notice all my uniforms inside had gone from bland with the Hogwarts arms on it to matching the Gryffindor house colors. I thank the Lord that it is Sunday and put on my favourite pair of sweatpants and a loose fitting tee-shirt that used to belong to Mum.

"Good morning!" the joyous voice of Hermione greets as I make my way down to the common room.

"Hello," I reply, still rubbing the sleep from my eyes. I notice the girl sitting on one of the couches with a book in her hand.

"You're a late riser. Almost everyone has left and you missed out on breakfast!" the girl talks and she goes on talking for what seems like hours. All I need to do is just nod and pretend as if I'm actually listening.

"I'm glad to have you as a friend, Clementine." I hear her say and a smile lights my face. I have a friend.

NOT YET EDITED BEYOND HERE!!