XXX - Revelations

Viniel's POV

We were all stunned dahil sa mga nangyayari. I don't really understand what's happening and when I looked at Tanya, parang gano'n din siya.

"Victor, let's go." My Mom's the first one to break the silence. She held my Dad's hand then she turned to me. "Viniel, palayasin mo 'yang dalawang 'yan sa bahay ko. Those bitches are not allowed to step inside of my house ever again." She said and glared at Tanya and Mama Taira before she dragged Dad out of the dining room. She even bumped Mama Taira's shoulder paglabas nila.

"Mama Tai, I'm really sorry about that." I said nang makalapit ako kay Mama Taira. "I'll talk to my Mom."

She just shook her head gently. "No, Viniel. It's okay. We better get going now."

Tanya looked at me like she's pleading for an explanation pero wala naman akong alam. Lumapit ako sa kanya and enveloped her in my arms. "Gorgeous, I'm really sorry about this. I don't know what's happening but I'll talk to my Mom and find answers to our questions, okay?

I felt her nod. "Call me after talking to your Mom, please?"

Humiwalay ako sa kanya So I could see her face. "I will. I love you, gorgeous. Don't overthink about this, okay? Everything will be fine. Rest well. We'll talk tomorrow. I love you so much."

She held my hand one more time before she left with Mama Taira.

-x-

I didn't go to my Mom right away after Tanya left. I know she's still upset kaya hindi ko lang rin siya makakausap ng maayos. I stayed at my room instead pero hindi rin naman ako makatulog. A few hours later, I heard a knock on my door.

"Viniel? Are you still awake, anak?" I heard Dad's voice outside my room. I stood up and opened the door.

"Dad, what happened back there? Kilala ba ni Mom si Mama Taira? And why does she seem to hate her?" I asked. But instead of replying, tumungo lang siya.

"It's not my story to tell, son." He said with an exasperated sigh. "Go talk to your Mom. She really needs you right now."

I did what he told me. Pumunta agad ako sa room nila ni Dad. I knocked a few times before I opened the door. Hindi pa rin siya natutulog. She was just sitting there, staring at nothing.

"Mom," I called her. "You need someone to talk to?"

Hindi niya pa rin ako tiningnan. She didn't answer right away but when she did, her tears started falling. "That Taira bitch took your father away from me before, Viniel."

'Yun pa lang ang sinasabi ni Mom but I already figured what she means.

"No." That was all I could say. "Mom, this can't be happening."

"I know it's hard for you to accept the truth, Viniel, pero ito talaga 'yon." Mom said thorugh gritted teeth. "That bitch was the reason why we were thrown to that hell hole we've been through years ago, anak."

I felt my tears fell down from my eyes. I can still remember the pain of all the hits I received and the sound of my Mom's sobs whenever she cries herself to sleep. And it's all because of Tanya's Mom. All because of Mama Taira, someone I treated like a mother too.

Mom took my hand and gave it a squeeze. "Viniel, please stay away from Tanya. I know this is too much to ask but I really can't accept anyone from Taira's family. I don't want her in our lives again."

I wasn't able to respond to my Mom right away. Hindi ko siya kayang bigyan ng sagot ngayon. Hindi ko alam ang gagawin ko.

"I'm sorry, Mom." I told her and wiped my tears. "I don't know if I can."