XIII - Viniel Marco Tuazon

Viniel's POV

"Nice game, bro!" I told both Andrew and Jason before I bumped my fist with them. I haven't been to gym for a week now kaya I thought of playing with them. Good thing they're both free today. We just won a game of three-on-three with other guys na nakasabay namin dito sa court near our condo units.

Niyaya nila kami for a game with corresponding bets. We don't really need the money pero pumayag na lang rin kami so that they'll know what kind of losers they are.

"How's modeling so far, bro? Have you scored some girls already? Two years ka na yata sa modeling and yet wala ka pa ring magustuhan?" Andrew asked while laughing.

"Eh paano? Viniel is too picky. Lumalapit na sa kanya, ayaw niya pa." Jason commented before he turned to me. "What kind of man you are, dude! Kung wala kang magustuhan do'n, you might as well give those girls to us!"

"You know I don't like like girls who chase me, bro, I like to chase them." I answered. It's true. I don't like girls who show me that they're so thirsty for me. If they think, it's flattering then they're wrong. Didn't they know na nakakawala ng respeto 'yon? It only tells what kind of girls they are. Girls who are educated and decent won't do that.

And that also means that girls like those just like me because of how I look. Though I must admit that there were girls na pinagbibigyan ko rin. But only those girls who pass my standards, of course. I'm just a guy, I get tempted sometimes, too.

"Sorry, dude, as much as I wanted to give those girls to you, wala eh. It's me who they want and not any one of you." I joked and I received punches from both of them. "Stop! Your punches tickle me!" Asar ko pa and this time, they laughed with me.

"But seriously, No one caught your attention yet? You're working with models, dude! You're working with goddesses sent to Earth! Wala pa bang pumasa sa standards mo?" Jason asked.

"There are a lot of beautiful girls there, honestly. But there's only one who caught my attention." I told them, remembering about this Tanya that I met last weekend. Not to be arrogant or what but she's the only girl so far na hindi natuwa sa nangyari. "Medyo masungit at suplada lang but she is gorgeous and hot as hell."

"I wonder what's with this girl other than the things you mentioned." Andrew commented. "You look amused while telling us about her."

"You'll know when you meet her." Sagot ko naman. "She'll be mine soon, anyways."

They both laughed at my response. "Confident aren't we?" sabi na naman ni Andrew while laughing. "Let's see about that, dude. I would love to hear about this latest conquest of yours."

"Same. Viniel looks smitten already." Jason teased.

"Of course not! Smitten? I have only met her once. Kayo na nagsabi, dude! She's just a conquest. A very challenging one. That's what makes me want to chase her badly." Sabi ko na lang. I know and I'm sure that I'm not smitten. There's no way that that will happen especially to her. Sa babaeng kasing sungit niya.

But I'm not really sure when I said that she's just a conquest. Something inside me says that she will not be just one.

-x-

Palabas na ako ng banyo when I heard my phone ringing. I wrapped the towel around my waist bago lumabas. Tiningnan ko kung sinong tumatawag sa akin and I saw Tito Justine's name sa screen ng phone ko.

"Hello, Tito." Sagot ko sa tawag niya. "Will the photoshoot push through? I heard may typhoon daw?" I asked. I heard from the news a while ago na may bagyo nga daw. I don't want to drive my car kung meron nga. I don't want my baby to face the floods.