Chapter 1

Enraged screams echoed throughout the area, some with a low muffled yell, some with a stern bone chilling shout. I flew by stopping for nothing, I had no time to think; If I were to stop I'd surely be disposed of. I raced through the endless tunnel towards the beaming light ahead of me. Darkness surrounded me as I dashed towards what I thought to be freedom. One paw, one foot, my body wrenched itself forward as the panting of my breathe made the distance shouts seem muffled. On all fours I drifted towards the exit, trying to block out the enraged voices that pursued me. The pounding of voices combined with the chill of darkness isolated me towards one goal, escape. I couldn't bear to think of what might happen if I didn't; the risk I took was far too great. My heart's beating fiercely and my legs are beginning to break apart, I made one last push out of the damp tunnel and into the light of day....

Blinking a few times I awoke from my terribly long slumber, that dream was always so vivid and it never seemed to go away. Stretching my legs I propped my head on the tree I slept against, head pointed towards the sky. That event from my dream was several months ago, perhaps even years; I've honestly lost count. That moment however, still runs through my head, over, and over again. Every night it appears more intense than the last, reminding me of the risk I took. Alone, in a world that I've hidden from, I didn't know where to look. I've been a nomad drifting aimlessly through this world. A complex Typhlosion on a quest for... Redemption? I doubt at this point redemption is even an option. My past experiences have shaped me into a rather... formidable Pokemon. Countless hours of rigorous training has molded me into a natural born fighter. Roughed up fur, a fairly stocky build, I was the smallest out of everyone there, but I got the job done. 

I found myself chuckling; the job... that's all it ever was. Just mindless pawns doing any and all work without knowing why they do it.

 I was once one of those mindless pawns, till I decided to make something out of myself by escaping that foul place. To think that I would trust that terrible organization to train, nurture, and guide me is.... unforgivable. My deeds from the past will someday catch up to me, I've accepted that. Now I'm just counting the days till I'm re-payed for the horrors I've caused, re-payed in death.

Forcing myself to my feet, I reluctantly slide off the tree I've been so stuck to. Contemplating things has always been a terribly addictive past time and it has no doubt eaten up my day. The day was nearing its end; due to this and with much regret I began to tromp off to the nearby riverbed. Looking down at my now hideously dirtied pelt I made a low muffled sigh. The one thing I prized more than anything was my looks. This was rather odd for a Typhlosion to be thinking of that, considering most of my brethren are fierce warriors. I was an odd one though and I was finally ready to admit that. With the riverbed growing closer, I began to slow my pace. Now being steps away to the almost invisible water, I gradually leaned down to wash my face and I was surprised to see a sagging Pokemon gazing back at me, its ears lowered towards its side. The setting sun made a perfect reflection of me, a perfectly crippled reflection. Glaring into the water I made out my face, eyes as though they weren't awake, face dirtied with mashed up earth, and a snout ruffled with scratches skimming every part of my face. Sighing, I took a pawful of water and quickly thrusted it onto my face letting the cold water snap my senses into place. Shaking my head fiercely I looked back down at the river and with to my disappointment the same face stared back, just with a lot less dirt.

Slowly drifting back to reality I opened my eyes to see the light fully glaring from the now risen sun. I must've fallen asleep last night, though it felt like years ago. Rolling onto my back I felt a cold sensation spread onto my fur. Shivering, I jolted up and swiftly peered behind me, quickly noticing the soothing water running smoothly downriver. Now dripping cold, I sat up shaking my pelt rapidly trying to get every last bit of coldness out. Rising to my feet, I scanned my now outstretched paws. Putting one into another I slowly stroked it, letting the softness from my own body overtake my senses. Glancing around I noticed my journey had left me stranded and there wasn't a Pokemon to be seen. Now was a good of a time as any to search for someone or something.