Chapter Two - Vodkanade

"Lemonade. Stand... A childish suggestion. It could work out I suppose." I said. Alfred had a large grin on his face
"Great! We're gonna have to get some wood though, to make the stall in the yard, let's go to IKEA! Oh, and we need a lemon squeezer or whatever, maybe even some wine glasses so it could be fancy and" he just kept rambling on and on but I shut his mouth with my rather large hand.
"Alfred. We're broke remember?"
"Ah shit right. Well then uhhh." He pondered for a moment...
"FUCK WHERE DO WE GET WOOD?!" He was getting pretty stressed, I had to help him out, so I thought of things too.

"Um, how about we just get a table?" I suggested
"Oh yes, great idea! Why didn't I think of that..." he paused, "Oh but we need something to hold up a sign saying 'Lemonade'. We need something long and can stand well." He laughed for a moment "Pfft! That's what she said!"
"Who is she?" I asked for I did not get the joke which was apparently there. "Oh how innocent, that's cute!" Cute? "Anyways, where do we get those things? ..wait." He said, I had something in mind!

"I have a-" we both said at the same time "-a pipe!" I said first
"-a baseball b- wait what." He looked at me weirdly "Look, I never understood why you own a pipe, were you like a former plumber or something?"
"What? Nyet! Have you not played a game of 'Death Tag' with a pipe with your siblings before?" I asked. Oh Americans...

"I have an English older half-brother, another brother who was actually born and raised in Canada and my pansy French cousin so this is not the first time I don't understand another culture's tradition." He said with his eyebrows in a knot.

"I-it is not really common in my country, at least that's what I think..." I trailed away from the unrelated subject, "Anyway let us get into the lemonade making!" I said heading to the kitchen.
"Does this mean I have to set up the stand all by myself?!"
"Да– er- yes." I said bluntly. Poor Alfred screamed in agony as he marched to the door, I felt bad for actually laughing.

I actually came to realisation that I had no idea how to make lemonade so I ran upstairs to my bedroom and grabbed my tablet to watch a 'How to make lemonade' tutorial, apparently it was taking some time to load so I had prepared what people usually have when cooking... Which was uh..

Well, whenever my mom cooked she put on an apron, which I immediately found lying around.
Wait was this Alfred's?! Does he even cook? I put it on anyway.
After that I grabbed a bowl, a whisk, a tray, a spatula and a frying pan. By the time I grabbed all of the items, the video loaded! Perfect timing! The video started with an introduction, then showed the ingredients and the materials used...
"Wait a minute..." I pinched the bridge of my nose. "WHEN IS A FRYING PAN, A TRAY AND ALL OF THESE GOING TO BE USED TO MAKE LEMONADE?!"

I quickly put the items back to where they were put before but then I accidentally hit my tablet, causing it to fall of the table... and break its screen.
I groaned in irritation as I picked it up, bad luck just kept following me.

It soon came to my decision that I would improvise. I took a cutting board, a knife and more than a several lemons and cut them all up in halves.
I took some plastic cups, a bowl and a sift, I put the sift on top of the bowl and squeezed the lemons with my bare hands there, that way it would only catch the juice and prevent the seeds from coming with it, I added a bit of sugar too before pouring the juice carefully to each of the cups along with some ice. Just about then I was already finished so I wiped my sweat and gave myself a pat on the back... and a shot of vodka.

Oh vodka. I deserved you alright, I took the whole bottle from the refrigerator and it wasn't even a shot anymore, I drank a quarter of the bottle! I even spilled a bit on a cup of lemonade.
"Oh dear!"