Chapter One - American Idiot.

I came home with a bandage on my nose, late night and looked at the sight as I just opened the door.
The American dancing to K-Pop, J-Pop whatever the blyad' it's called, in an alien sweater... and his underwear.
"SOMEONE CALL THE CALL THE DOCTOR COW DUNG DHHGHJHMM JO! SARANGHMM DHHHNH OVERD- AAHHHH!!!" He finally noticed me and stopped dancing and singing. I could tell he was embarrassed.

"Oh H-hi Ivan!" He turned his music off "Uhh, how's your nose?" He approached me with a nervous smile.
"Oh, still big! But also broken." I gave a sarcastic smile. He broke into a hysterical laughter but I changed into a serious and stern face
"Oh. Uhh, sorry." He looked away guiltily. I walked right past him, and I stepped on a packet of chips. How surprising. "H-hey, I'll clean the mess later on, promise!" How surprising!
"Put some pants on first!" I said bluntly, took him long enough to realise his responsibilities. I don't expect him to actually do it though. Not one bit.

I laid down on my bed to end the day. I really consider moving out now, but then again. I haven't much to go to... I was only raised by my older sister, Katyusha who was actually born in Ukraine and we took care of our younger one, Nataliya who was born in Belarus.
They're both great but together we're quite dysfunctional. Our parents always fought and my father was abusive and it really affected us with trauma.
Katyusha is emotional and kind of a cry baby, she is the one who got the most beatings anyway.
And Nataliya was always so close to my father, before he started gambling, cheating on my mom and doing drugs, she then became attached to me.
I guess it's because I really resembled him but I don't think I have his homicidal tendencies.

I don't shed any tears on those things anymore, it only has made me stronger than I've ever been. But with all that away from my mind now, I drifted to sleep.

I woke up miserably as usual, I expected to see a messy gutter by Alfred but damn, the whole place was actually... clean.
"Oh hey, Ivan." Alfred said who was laying on the couch, watching an American football match.
"What happened here? Am I in the right household right now?" I was astonished. I couldn't believe this just happened. "Punch me I'm dreaming."
"Ok." He replied to my. He threw his fist at me but I countered with mine, hit him right in the face!

"Ow! Fuck man, I wasn't actually gonna hit you!" He groaned in pain "AGH MY JAW!"
"DER'MO!" I cursed "Prosti, Prosti! U-uh, sorry! I get defensive sometimes." I looked down in embarrassment. I also speak in Russian when I'm nervous or feeling guilty and... he just laughed?

"No shit bro! You strangled me on the first day I even got here, slapped me when I broke your vodka bottle and even hit me with a pipe once!" I never realised what and how much worse I've actually done to him. I was rendered speechless, I felt so guilty. I kinda take back what I said about me not resembling my father's behaviour.

"Hey dude ya ok?" He poked my arm with a face of concern.
"Hm? Oh, da. I'm so sorry for all that too." I replied. He pat my shoulder with a warm smile.
"Nah, man! I deserve the karma for severely damaging your nose!" He chuckled, I also laughed a bit.

I also noticed the time. '7:30', Alfred had a part-time job and this was the time for him to go.
"Hey, don't you have somewhere to go?" I reminded him.
"Hahaaa, like what? School? Pfft bro it's summer break!" He said nervously, I raised a brow
"You have a part-time job right?" He immediately put on a guilty face. "...You know, in the donut shop four blocks away."
"P-part time job. A-at the donut shop." He repeated, sweating.
"Yeeaaah." Something was obviously fishy. He then pulled this stupid face that was mixed with nervousness and retardation. Kind of like a crying on the inside face but with a huge smile.

"Ehehe, about that.. I got fired." Well took you long enough to say. "It's not my fault I spilled coffee on the coffee machine... and it caught on fire... and burnt quarter of the place down."
Oh.

"Oh, was that what all the commotion was about?" I asked, worried.
"The fire trucks, people and smoke? Yep!" I just chuckled at his pettiness, reminding it of my own. "Oi, what's so funny?"
"It's funny because I just quit my job!"
"What the hell, really?" He asked with a shocked but humorous tone.
"Haha, da!"
"Woah, why?"
"Well, my boss is very annoying! He is always like," I deepened my voice, "'Hey Russian guy! What're you doing there?! Your work is over here!'" Al bursted in laughter "'Hey Russian guy! The deadline was yesterday even though I said tomorrow!'" I continued "'Hey Russian guy! You're not in Russia right now! Do it the American way!'" It made both of us laugh our heads off!
"American way?! Oh my god that's priceless!! I never knew you had a sense of humour!"
"Aha! Neither did I!" As our laughter died out, we both had reality hit us like a truck.

"We're gonna starve." We both said together.
"Heh, yer not bad Ivvy." He slightly punched my arm
"AHAHA! Don't call me that." I was gonna punch him back but he flinched in fear "I was not actually going to hit you!" I smiled
"Ohh youuuu! I see how ya play now!" We both laughed again. Surprisingly we got along this time.
"But seriously, what do we do to get ourselves money? We have to pay for our college fees soon anyway. " I said in all seriousness, Alfred held his, chin thinking.
"Oh! Got an idea!" He snapped his fingers.
"What?"
"Two words." He grabbed my collar and leaned in to the point our faces came quite close that it was kind of awkward, "Lemonade stand."