Chapter 8

"Good job." Said the bold voice on the phone. "Thanks boss. What about the money?" Enquired the lady from the other side.
"You'll get it soon. But now...you have one more job to do."
"What! I did everything that you told me to...now what else..?"
"No!....This one is much important. Now listen...you have to kidnap them. You know whom I am talking about."
"But...but this is impossible." She stammered.
"You have to do this task. Otherwise, forget about your money."
"But..but." And the phone went dead....
                                                         ******************************************************

Maisie drove the car to her home and restlessly opened the door.
                      "Hi mom!" Said the kids while watching T.V. Maisie gave them a smile and headed directly to the upper room, opened the small drawer in the brown cupboard and removed a piece of paper from the drawer where she had written the detective's name and number.

                         She closed the door and dialled the number on her phone. "Hello... Am I speaking to detective Michael Smith?" Asked Maisie.

"Yeah...how can I help you, ma'am?" Replied Michael.
"I need to talk to you on a very serious case. Should I come at the noon time?"
"Ummm....ya, sure. You can come at 2:30. Can I please know your name, ma'am?"
"I am Maisie William."
"Oh...aren't you Shaun William's wife?"
"Ya..I'll come at 2:30 today. Thank you." And when she was about to end the call, she remembered something and quickly picked up the phone saying, "hello? Sorry, but...can I please know your address?"
"Ya, sure. 32 Minton road, 'Edge' corporate centre, 3rd floor." Maisie wrote the address on the same paper and ended the call.

Maisie finished all her other works and as decided, she took out her car and reached the 'Edge' corporate centre nearly around 2:35. She opened the door of the detective's office on the 3rd floor. Maisie opened the door and saw man, nearly aged 26, sitting on the table and running his hands on keyboard.

Michael Smith was a young detective who had been in this 'detective' job for about 4 years. He had a quite sturdy look,was also very handsome,strong body and made friends with everyone quite faster. He had solved many cases before but the case of Shaun William would be very hard for him. Often, people didn't recognise him as a detective because of his young look. He was not so 'professional' in his work but had a very sharp mind and would take a keen look on each of his suspects while solving a case.

"Please may I come in?" Asked Maisie knocking the door.
"Ya sure...is this you who called me in the morning. Are you Maisie William?"
"Ya.."
"Please sit down, ma'am. Will you have a cup of coffee?"
"No..thanks. Let's come to the point, detective."
"Sure.....Firstly, tell me what had happened exactly. Either, tell me what had happened that night when Shaun went with his car." Michael removed his small book and started writing down the main points what Maisie told.
"That night...David Slayer, the owner of the golden head, phoned Shaun and said something about the golden head....that someone had stole the golden head. After hearing that, Shaun was shocked and quickly drove his car to the T.S.U. Meanwhile, while driving the car, a truck...a truck....." Maisie couldn't say after that as she cried by thinking about the accident of Shaun. Michael gave her a glass of water and tried to keep her calm.

Michael came to know what Maisie was going to say after 'truck'. So he started asking his queries about the case.
"So...exactly when he was dead...while the accident or in the hospital."
"No..he was dead in the hospital. And...ya..he was killed by two weapons in the hospital. One was a kitchen knife and the other was a bullet of a gun. The doctors also told that they couldn't figure it out that what he was killed with."
The detective listened to each and every word of Maisie and noted down all the main points and finished writing.
"Ok then...as I have come to know about everything, I'll start taking your case into action from tomorrow onwards. I'll also need some other information, so I'll call you again here. Secondly, call me Michael. Calling 'detective' doesn't suit me."
"Then call me Maisie and thanks for your help, Michael."
"Welcome."

Maisie gave a handshake to the detective and drove the car to her house.