Chapter 3

Maisie slept there till the next day and woke up suddenly, to hear the news on T.V flashing, "the owner of the antique golden head, Mr. David Slayer, takes back the 15 million dollars which he had given to the Techno-security unit (TSU) to protect as the the T.S.U head, Mr. Shaun William has been accused for the theft of the golden head and ......"

                     She read the last line again and was shocked to see. Many thoughts started running through her mind. She thought about what was going to happen next.
In this state of shock, she didn't realise that her phone was ringing. A nurse passing by notified her to pick up her call. She took out the phone from her bag and saw that there were three missed calls from Jade.

                      Jade Smith was one of Shaun's best friend. He was quite a good man, although jobless, had a Mercedes and frequently visited Shaun's home for dinner.

                      Maisie picked up the phone when he called again. "Hi jade", said Maisie in a desperate way. Jade understood the way she was talking so he said, "hmm.....I saw the news. I am leaving for the hospital. Don't worry. He would be totally fine".
"No, thanks. You need not come here. I'll manage it. And I know....he would be fine....but..but the main problem is that..." Maisie couldn't say anything after that as she started crying by thinking of what she was gonna say.

                      "Maisie? What happened? Are you alright ? Hello...speak to me." Said Jade when he heard Maisie cry. She wept her tears and started saying, "the main problem is that when Shaun would recover, the cops would imprison him for the accusation of stealing that antique golden head."
"What! But...but how? The golden head's protection service was in the hands of the T.S.U." Said Jade trying to explain Maisie.

                       "I know that....but the thing is that the room in which the golden head was kept...could be opened only by Shaun's fingerprints. But he was with me last night and he too was shocked when he heard about the theft." Said Maisie.

                        "Ya... You are right." Said Jade. "If he goes to the jail, then how will he tell what had happened really and then also what about the kids?"
"Then....wait! Oh no! I forgot about the kids. I had to pick them from the school. Sorry Jade....but I have to leave now. I have to pick up the kids. They will be worried." Exclaimed Maisie

                         "Wait Maisie...wait! I picked them up yesterday and now are at my place. Don't worry. The school called me yesterday as you were not receiving their call. So the children gave my number to call." Explained Jade.

                           She was so relieved when she heard this. " oh!...thanks Jade." "You're most welcome." Said Jade and ended the call.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------